Menu
Tibet timing
Mar 23, 2005 16:08
  • AFOKTAY
I am in Beijing till beginning of July, learning chinese. I was planning to travel to Tibet after that. But it seems that it is rainy and visibility poor at that time of the year. May 1 acation week is an option but it is appearently likely to be crowded with tourism from China at that time' my third opton is the beginning of June. Any comments on these 3 timing options?

I also want to be at the the Everest base camp when I am in Tibet. Anyone planning to be there, especially beginning of June, to share the 4 wheeler and its expenses, that you appearently need to rent to get there?

Any other comments and advice to the potential pilgrim??!!
Mar 24, 2005 09:26
  • BRANDY
What is your first option? Is it in July or August? I went to Lhasa in the summer of 2003, the weather was cool and it’s a nice choice for summer resort.
Mar 24, 2005 19:36
  • RACHEL
Tibet usually raining at night, so don't worry too much. Last time I went for myself around august and able to get Tibet permit without join any tour. They got arrange transportation and accomodation for me. You can try gmail.com|tibetfit if you like to travel without joining any tour.
Post a Reply to: Tibet timing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code