Menu
Lodging possibilities in BENZILAN or DONGZHULIN Si??
Mar 24, 2005 03:44
  • ELCABRON
Ni hao, everybody!

Has anybody been to Benzilan half way between Zhongdian and Deqin on the Yunnan-Tibetan border?
If so, who knows if the Dongzhulin Si, monastery, offers sleeping possibilities? Are there any other places to stay?
Thanks a lot!
Mar 24, 2005 17:48
  • MERMAID
Ah!
I have been to Benzilan on my way from Deqin to Zhongdian. I did see some lamas playing snooker but I did not know where the monastery was.
There is one restaurant where we dined on the roadside and this family offers accommodation. Only that get prepared for the higher price there.
Mar 25, 2005 17:55
  • ELCABRON
Hm, so I hope it is possible to stay in the monastery. It is a little bit north of Benzilan down in a valley off the road. It is supposed to be one of the most impressive temples in Yunnan - sounds great, doesnt it?
There is also a Festival of Mask Dancing in Ocober, pictures look like a oracle dancing. But hopefully it is no touristic place because until now it is not that famous for tourists, whereas places like Zhongdian and Deqin get pushed heavily by the tourism bureau calling it Shangri La.... I guess I have to check the valley of this Dongzhulin myself.
But thanks anyway!
Sep 19, 2016 01:23
Hello

I am also looking for a place to sleep near Dongzhulin Monastery. Your post is from 2005 so perhaps you do not even remember. But do you remember if there is a cheap hotel nearby? In Booking.com there are a couple of lodges but they are 200 euros.

Best

Arturo
Post a Reply to: Lodging possibilities in BENZILAN or DONGZHULIN Si??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code