Menu
China & Jobs
Nov 26, 2010 00:50
  • FIOL85
Hey guys,
i m a young italia fellow who is gonna be in China for six months in order to improve my chinese. I ll be staying in Jinhua University till July than i want to try to find a job (any kind as long as i can stay in China). A friend of mine told me i might not have problems on finding a job there,BUT since i m still graduating from university here in Italy i really dunno what should i think...she s so postive about me finding a job there (she lives in shenzhen)..i really dunno what to think... what u guys think? any chance for me to find a job there (i really mean anything)?
Last edited by FIOL85: Nov 26, 2010 00:52
Dec 6, 2010 03:33
GUESTABOU MO... our company looking for staff girl must use computer for this job please if you thing you are ok contac :
or email : gmail.com|simbacompany
Dec 7, 2010 00:30
  • FIOL85
[quote=GUESTABOU MOHAMED,413850]our company looking for staff girl must use computer for this job please if you thing you are ok contac :
or email : gmail.com|simbacompany
[/quote]

thx for the offer but i m a guy but u can provide us all with some more information, u might find a girl who is interested in it!
Dec 8, 2010 04:24
  • GAFFER
You can only work legally in China if you have a "Special Skill". That is one that cannot be found in a local Chinese citizen. Usually this means teaching your native language. You will also need a degree, teaching qualification and usually some teaching experience. Armed with these requirements you then need a job offer from a school, college or business (which are registered to employ foreigners) and obtain a Z visa. This will be converted to a work/residence visa after your arrival in China.
Dec 9, 2010 01:21
  • FIOL85
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER View Post

You can only work legally in China if you have a "Special Skill". That is one that cannot be found in a local Chinese citizen. Usually this means teaching your native language. You will also need a degree, teaching qualification and usually some teaching experience. Armed with these requirements you then need a job offer from a school, college or b...

so there are or are not chances i could find a job there since:
1- i just have 2 english language degrees (FCE,IELTS)
2- i still have to finish my university in here
3- i do speak chinese, and i m going to spend 6months there to improve it as much as i can
4- i m not an english native speaker
5- i m a an italian native speaker
6- i do not have any teaching qualification nor some teaching experience

I wish to find any job...whatever it is to me would be fine anyway...i m still young (25years old) so.. everybody is telling me to spende as much time as i can there, they sure something will pop out also cause i speak chinese and i m not chinese lol
well i ll try anyway
Last edited by FIOL85: Dec 9, 2010 01:22
Dec 9, 2010 01:55
GUEST19669 Just an inquiry/ I have applied for a teaching job in China and my application was through a job agent based in China. Now, the said agent is asking me 3000rmb before they can process my visa. My concern is, how will know if that agent is legal.
Thank you.
Dec 9, 2010 02:49
  • GAFFER
An agent should not be asking you for money, they should get paid by the prospective employer. I would only use an agent with a good reputation and who had been recommended to me. There are many scammers in this business.

FIOL85
I don't know if there is a demand for Italian language teachers in China, English is in the biggest demand but they usually insist on native speakers. I would not say it is impossible to get a job/visa, there are ways and means of doing anything in China usually involving money and Guanxi. Some visa agents can magically acquire visas for the right price. Also some schools in less desirable or remote areas have less stringent demands.
Dec 9, 2010 06:31
  • FIOL85
gotcha!
thx for the infos ^^
Dec 18, 2010 05:42
GUESTANJANIE I am from India and 51 years of age. Am I eligible to get China work visa, if a Chinese company offers me a job.
Dec 18, 2010 05:46
GUESTANJANIE I am from India and very proficient in spoken, written English with near native levels. I was told that English teaching jobs in China are only for native speakers from US,UK, Canada, Australia etc. Is it true? If not how to get English teaching jobs in China
Dec 19, 2010 01:31
  • OK4KK
Yes, you can, but there are many foreigners coming to China to find jobs now.
One of friends will come to Shanghai next week. And he is worried about too.
Anyway, do not worry, good luck.
Post a Reply to: China & Jobs
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code