Menu
GuoNian and Trains
Nov 26, 2010 23:59
  • FIOL85
Hi guys,
my plane will land in Shanghai Pudong on the first of February then i ll have to take the train to JiAn which is a Dtrain. I m not with familiar to chinese trains so i m asking:
since it's gonna take 12 hours to reach jian and i ll have to sleep on the train..i thought i should book a soft sleep since it's a long journey...but it's GuoNian ..u think there gonna be lots lots of people? It's my first time in a chinese train so... besides that i was wondering about the safety of my luggage..u know after 14hours of flight i ll be more or less like a living dead so i might have to go to the toiler and such...
what s your opinion?
Last edited by FIOL85: Nov 27, 2010 00:01
Nov 27, 2010 01:22
  • BL2022
Hi, January 1st of 2011 is not Guonian yet. It's November 27 in Chinese Lunar Calendar, more than a month away from Guonian. But there might be more travelers on the train since it's a three-day new year holiday. But the situation is far better than Guonian, so take it easy.

About your luggage, ehnn... keep the valuables close to you like cash, phone, etc. For others like clothes, you can just leave it in your cabin (soft sleeper) and I think nobody will take it. You know what, I usually take night train to go home and never lost my luggage even though i left it in the headstock while i was in the other side. The moment you should pay attention to is when the travelers get off and somoeone may mistake your luggage in a hurry.
Seems I was too wordy , good luck~
Last edited by BL2022: Nov 27, 2010 01:27
Nov 27, 2010 01:43
  • FIOL85
Quote:

Originally Posted by BL2022 View Post

Hi, January 1st of 2011 is not Guonian yet. It's November 27 in Chinese Lunar Calendar, more than a month away from Guonian. But there might be more travelers on the train since it's a three-day new year holiday. But the situation is far better than Guonian, so take it easy.

About your luggage, ehnn... keep the valuables close to you li...

Thx for the suggestion about the luggage :D
About the guonian i know that next year the date of my arrival will be new year eve, so that why i was worry,so can u tell me sth now?
Nov 27, 2010 01:58
  • BL2022
There will be more travelers during that time period, especially in the railway stations and hard seat coaches. Since you are going to book a soft sleeper, don't worry. There won't extra travelers in such kind of coach. BTW, you can book the train ticket from [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/]China Trains[/tcgurl]
Nov 27, 2010 07:23
  • FIOL85
thx for the infos mate, i ll check that link out for sure.
I made a mistake ,the train i have to book is a K series (K271(上海南-井冈山))..the things u told me about the D trains are the same also for theis series of trains?
Nov 27, 2010 21:14
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by FIOL85

thx for the infos mate, i ll check that link out for sure.
I made a mistake ,the train i have to book is a K series (K271(上海南-井冈山))..the things u told me about the D trains are the same also for theis series of trains?

D trains are different from K trains. You may read [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/types.htm]China Train Types[/tcgurl] to learn more info.
Nov 28, 2010 01:43
  • FIOL85
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHERRY07

D trains are different from K trains. You may read [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/types.htm]China Train Types[/tcgurl] to learn more info.

hey thx again!
i read through that page so now i have other questions xD
About the K train itself i do understood how it works so it's more or less like an italian train..just hope the soft sleepers section will be less crowed xD
On the other hand i have a really easy question for you all:
i checked on the other link you gave me, and actually i can book the ticket from your (?) system BUT i did read also:

"Please submit your booking at least 8 days prior to your departure, so that there is enough time for us to finish the booking and delivery.
We are sorry that the booking enquiries applied for the train tickets in the Mid-Autumn Festival and the China National Day Holidays(October 1st-7th) are unacceptable."

So It's not a problem for me to book the ticket for the GuoNian,right?
Another question is about the ticket delivery service, it said that "Ticket delivery is available within mainland China only. " and i understand that but what i actually dont understand if an hotel/home address is necessary required. I m asking this cause as soon as i ll land in Shanghai,i have to take the taxi to the train station and leave with the 18:12's train... so what can i do? is it possible in some other ways?

Thanks in advance!
Nov 28, 2010 02:50
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear FIOL85,

We do not accept the train booking enquires during train travel peak seasons, including Chinese New Year (2 weeks in Jan. or Feb.), New Year's Day (January 1st-3rd), Labor Day (May 1st-3rd) and National Day (October 1st-7th).

Thus, we can not help you book your train ticket during Chinese New Year (Guonian as you said).

You may read our [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/terms.htm]Terms and Conditions for China Train Booking Service[/tcgurl]
Nov 28, 2010 03:35
  • FIOL85
I understand. Thx for tha answer.
Post a Reply to: GuoNian and Trains
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code