Menu
Overloaded airplane?????
Dec 5, 2010 03:01
guest4797 On Feb 3, Mr. Wang booked 8 seats from Wenzhou to Shenzhen. On Feb 15, Mr. Wang and his friends arrived at the airport and went to get their boarding passes. But two of them didn’t get the boarding tickets because the airplane was over-loaded.

Since there was no other flights from Wenzhou to Shenzhen, the air company said that they could arrange these two people to fly to Guangzhou first and then take free bus from Guangzhou to Shenzhen. And the air company also promised to compensate 300 yuan for each person.

Mr. Wang didn’t accept the air company’s arrangement. He said that they had already arranged an itinerary because the air company’s arrangement would ruin their travel plan. So he complained the air company to the local Industry and Commerce Administration Bureau. As a result, the air company was fined 5000 yuan for overselling air tickets without informing its passengers.

It is said that overselling air tickets is done by many air companies in the world. It is an international practice. Is it true? In your country, will you get enough compensation from the air company?

Dec 5, 2010 04:47
  • GAFFER
It is usual practice for airlines to overbook seats as a percentage of passengers routinely fail to turn up for the flight. If you were able to find, read and understand the small print in the booking terms and conditions, there will be a "get out" clause to enable them to do this. By buying the ticket you are entering into a contract and accepting the terms you probably didn't know existed. It happened to me once flying to Chicago. Luckily I was "bumped" into Business class so I didn't complain too loudly.
Dec 6, 2010 03:48
  • RAINDROP
Gaffer, you are very lucky. Maybe, the railway stations can learn from the airline companies, especially for those D/G trains. Therefore, there will not be vacant seats. And such regulation just works during the off-peak season.
Dec 7, 2010 01:25
  • CHARLOTT
I am confused. The one who fail to board on the plane already paid for the ticket. Even he/she didn't board on the plane, they air company has received the money. There is no loss. Fewer people on the plane will save more energy.
Post a Reply to: Overloaded airplane?????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code