Menu
Going to Xidi and Hongcun
Mar 25, 2005 08:19
  • CHINAGIRL67
I like to go to Xidi and Hongcun.
Where do I buy/pay the entrancefees and the foreigners permit?
And where to find a driver/guide? We don't want to join a bigger group, just our family.
And my last question, is it a good idea to visit Nanping also, or is it like seeing more of the same?
Mar 25, 2005 11:29
  • DEE0228
I got the info from a friend. It is no problem to visit the villages for foreign visitors and the fees will be charged at the entrance of each village. Xidi, Hongcun and Nanping are all in Yixian County, they are not far from each another. Xidi and Hongcun are more renowned since they have been nominated by the UNESCO as the World Heritage of Culture. However, Nanping is gaining its popularity these years as many films were shot there. One of the most famous films is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
Mar 29, 2006 14:15
  • KINGWONG
Going to see the villages around Huang Shan is not difficult. Although for a foreigner it helps if you speak some chinese; but if not, have a friend write down the names of the places in chinese. Sign languages usually can solve most problems. To visit these villages, one usually stops in Tunxi District. As Huang Shan is a very popular destinations for both chinese and foreigners, its tourist accommodations are extensive. There are many hotels and guesthouse that will accept foreigners, especially within the villages. If you feel more comfortable having a guide and go with a party, the local CTS can arrange them. As for safety, I feel that these areas are very safe, much safer than New York City. Although, as in any heavily touristed place, you should practice customary precautions, such as keeping an eye on you properties. I have pictures and more travel informations at my website, <a href="http://www.kingwong.com/Anhui/Xidi/xidi_1.php>www.kingwong.com</a>.
Post a Reply to: Going to Xidi and Hongcun
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code