Menu
Help! How to make delicious steamed egg?
Dec 20, 2010 02:38
  • SKYVIA
I always can't make it so fresh and tender...
Dec 20, 2010 21:44
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

Hmm... I suggest you to prepare the lunch in the morning. If you make it in the previous night, you might get more nitrite, especially when it's some vegetables... Better to take care of the health better...

Thank you, Hearbeat. You are so kind. But it is very difficult for me to get up early in the morning . You may not know that I need two alarming clocks to wake me up. And I usually put them far away from me because I am afraid that I will turn them off or throw them away if I do not want to get up.
Dec 20, 2010 21:46
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYVIA

I always can't make it so fresh and tender...

Practice makes perfect. You can cook it everyday until you succeed.
Dec 21, 2010 01:10
  • HERBEAT
Everyday? Wow... you must get bored of eating it soon... As for the lunch, maybe you could take some fresh vegetable and fruit instead? along with some yogurt and nuts? I think it's healthier...
Dec 21, 2010 02:41
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

Everyday? Wow... you must get bored of eating it soon... As for the lunch, maybe you could take some fresh vegetable and fruit instead? along with some yogurt and nuts? I think it's healthier...

Fresh vegetable? Do you want to eat them raw, Herbeat? Fruits, nuts and yogurt are good. But do not prepare vegetable like spinach, cabbage etc in advance. After one night, the nutritive substances are already gone. And nitrite is produced. Bad for your health.
Dec 21, 2010 03:18
  • HERBEAT
Well, there are lots of vegetable you could eat raw. That's why we make salade, right? And to eat it raw is normally very good for your health. If you are talking the exact nutrition degrade, I don't think it's something possible for the type of lunch we are talking about. And if you don't cook the vege, I don't see the chances you get nitrite...
Dec 26, 2010 01:09
  • XIAOXIAO
Actually, many white collars have unhealthy eating habits. In the morning, many of them just buy something to feed themselves. They never care about if they are nutritious or not. Some even do not eat anything. At noon, they order some take-aways or eat meal cooked yesterday. Ater work, they cook a lot of dishes.

They understand that it is no good to eat too much in the evening. But they just have some after work to cook dishes.

Some white collars are lucky since their companies have their own cafeterias. They needn't worry about their lunch.
Dec 26, 2010 20:41
  • HERBEAT
It's not that they don't care about the nutritious fact but they don't have the choice... They have to save money, to save time to work etc... which is really sad... There's a walmart near my work so everyday I just come to work 20 minutes earlier, get into Walmart and take some fruit, yogurt and healthy stuff...
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Help! How to make delicious steamed egg?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code