Menu
Wikileaks leader arrested in London after rape accusation
Dec 8, 2010 00:19
  • JIMMYB
Julian Assange, the leader of Wikileaks has been arrested in London on a Sweden accusation of rape and sexual molestation.

London's Metropolitan Police said in a statement “Julian Assange is accused by Sweden authorities of one count of unlawful coercion, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of rape.All alleged to have been committed in August 2010.”

On Dec 7, Julian Assange appeared at Magistrates Court in the City of Westminster in London. He denied all accusations in the court and the judges refused a bailout, saying he deemed Assange to be capable of breaking bail conditions.

The arrest is a further setback for Wikileaks. But Wikileaks said “it will continue to release 250,000 diplomatic cables tonight.”

This is Julian Assange.

Dec 9, 2010 02:06
GUEST3033 He has been the "enemy" for many countries in the world. "The arm is no match for the thigh." The WikiLeaks has affected too many people's interests. Sooner or later, it will break down.
Dec 9, 2010 02:36
  • GAFFER
The sexual offences seem very convenient. Having read in the newspapers (true or not?) that one of the victims threw a party for him after the alledged incident but before she found out he had another girlfriend. Then the second girlfriend and the first girlfriend get together to make the allegations. Coincidence?
Dec 11, 2010 21:10
  • CHARLOTT
Two girlfriends? They are Assange's real girlfriends? The Wikileaks has embarrassed many countries. They are all worried about if there are more secrets to be disclosed. Visa, MasterCard and PayPal have all begun cutting off donations to Wikileaks. As a result, Paypal website had been attacked.
Dec 12, 2010 06:13
  • GAFFER
I don't think they were "real" girlfriends in his eyes although it seems one thought otherwise. The second one persued him after seeing him on TV and there was "intimacy". It seems Swedish rape law is a little complicated and has degrees of seriousness, the least being to "persuade" someone to have sex. After the two girls colluded they made a complaint to police. After some investigation the complaint was withdrawn but later, mysteriously in place again. I think the problem is not so much about dangerous secrets being released, but more about the embarrassment of government officials who were careless to write such things and governments to use such an insecure system.
Dec 12, 2010 22:16
  • CHARLOTT
I think the problem is not so much about dangerous secrets being released, but more about the embarrassment of government officials who were careless to write such things and governments to use such an insecure system.

Is it possible that some insiders in the governments disclosed these secrets to the public? I've watched a TV program about UFO in US. It mentioned that some former generals revealed classified documents.

Who knows? It's complicated
Dec 13, 2010 10:01
  • GAFFER
A US serving soldier hacked into some system in the US and "stole" the files. I'm not sure if the embarrassment factor is because of the files contents or the fact that it was so easy for someone to access them.
Dec 13, 2010 21:15
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

A US serving soldier hacked into some system in the US and "stole" the files. I'm not sure if the embarrassment factor is because of the files contents or the fact that it was so easy for someone to access them.

The soldier must be a genius on computer But I believe that there are some hackers who can do this.
Dec 15, 2010 03:30
  • CHARLOTT
He has been released on bail of 240000 pounds. But he is stil in prison because the Swedish Procurator is considering of lodging an appeal.
Post a Reply to: Wikileaks leader arrested in London after rape accusation
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code