Menu
Buying from a wholesale market and getting it home!
Dec 11, 2010 04:58
  • CUPANDACU
Hi All,

I will be visiting {Guangzhou,https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangzhou.htm} in 2 weeks and plan to purchase from the wholesale markets there.

I am new to this process and need some tips.
I am looking at getting large quantities of a variety of products from a variety of markets. I want to then consolidate them into on lot before shipping back home to Australia.

Firstly, can I simply turn up to these markets and purchase in cash? When I have paid for a large order, what is the next step?

Also, How do I best organise this to save on separate shipping. I am guessing I will need to get all of my goods stores temporarily while I complete my orders but where can I do this?

Thank you!
Phil
Dec 11, 2010 06:42
  • GIONVIA
Let me answer your two questions as follows :

a.Yes . Actually for the business in guangzhou wholesale market ,it is mainly cash transaction . You will need to exchange your USD into RMB and then go to the wholesale market to purchase .Generally speaking, 30% for deposit and you pay the balance when you go to pick up the cargo there. But for big orders ,you had better pay the balance after you check everything is all right here .

b.In order to save shipping cost , you had better consolidate all your purchasing into one shipment by sea .In this case ,you will need a forwarder to help yo
u out here . You may send all the cargo to your forwarder's warehouse and then consolidate as one shipment .But it really depends on how big is your order and if you donot want to use forwarder's warehouse , you may place all the orders firstly and then collect all your order on one day and then consolidate as one shipment.

Cheers and welcome to guangzhou !
Dec 11, 2010 21:57
  • CUPANDACU
Thank you for your response.

To give you an idea, I am hoping to gather around 20 boxes of size 1m x 0.5m. These boxes will be filled with a variety of goods from different markets.

At the end of my 4 days, I may have 5 boxes from an electrical market, 10 from a fashion market and so on.

Will I need a forwarder to collect all my boxes from the various markets and then get them in a container?
Also, for the amount I have described, what range of sea shipping costs can I expect including duty and handling?

Thanks,
Phil
Dec 12, 2010 00:36
GUEST23883 Hi,Phil:

You can order from different markets by cash,first,you can pay deposit,the balance will be paid when you get goods.

It is better do send all goods by one shipment,it will save your cost,your forwarder will arrange to collect all goods from different markets or the wholesalers will deliver your goods to your forwarder's warehouse,it depends on how big of your amount.

Acutally we order lots of stuffs from different markets,we just pay deposit,the balance will be paid after checking goods and getting goods.

Rgds

Angel

Email:yahoo.com|wu_angel09

Dec 14, 2010 00:30
  • CHERRY106
Hello Phil ,

I know a good forwarder who always assist Australian customers for shipment.Currently he just finished the delivery of shoes from different markets for one of my Australian customers.

I would discuss more with you and send you more suggestion if I can get your e-mail.Please send to gmail.com|106.cherry

It will be more appreciated for your sooner reply.

Best regards

Cherry
Dec 15, 2010 02:09
  • JAVENHUNG
Had better send your goods to forwarder's warehouse first.

*. Save your pick up fee. Because many suppliers could send the goods to the warehouse for free. You don't need to send the goods to warehouse by yourself. By the way, this warehouse is free of storage charge.

*. The suppliers could send the goods to warehouse separately. But remember to offer them a shipping mark ( can use your name as shipping mark)

*. When all the goods collected in the warehouse, you can send it by one shipment. If your shipment is about 10cbm, you can use LCL service; if your shipment is over 20cbm to 30cbm, you can plan to use 20GP container service.

Javen Hung
Guangdong Xunyu Int'l Transportation co., Ltd.
Rm A622 Suifeng Building No, 75 Xianlie Zhong Road Guangzhou, China
Mobile: 13822255602
MSN: hotmail.com|javen_hung
Jan 9, 2011 07:34
  • ALIBABA128
Hi,Phil
I think using the shipping company's warehouse is a good idea .But do not ever never pay anything before you check and confirm your all orders . usually shipping charges from Guangzhou to Austrial is very cheap ,I guess around 20-30 USD/CBM . and several hundreds RMB for all the documents .
If you have any plan coming to Yiw City, the biggest wholesell market in the world ,I persoannlly think this is also good idea for big supermarkets,shops and retail business .
next trip to {Yiwu,http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/zhejiang/yiwu/} I can be your at your help maybe .
MSN : hotmail.com|tilkaner
Jun 3, 2013 02:56
GUEST88099 Hello, I cam across this post and wondered if you could help me. I have just designed a shampoo with a company in Guangzhou and the company can ship to New Orleans for me. Will I have to pay and duties on this hair product when it arrives? Can I personally go to the port and pick up the cases of shampoo? This is the first time I order and was not sure about the whole process. Any help would be great. Thanks
Jun 4, 2013 05:05
  • MELONY
Dear Mr ,

pls let me know more details ,maybe we can do door to door service for u ,which you no need to clear the customs and take the goods by yourself . so if are interested in it ,pls dont hesitate to send me one email . 163.com|melony
thanks.
Post a Reply to: Buying from a wholesale market and getting it home!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code