Menu
Gift for a Chinese girlfriend
Dec 16, 2010 12:44
  • THRILLJACK
I started dating a Chinese girl and, to make a long story short, I need a good gift idea for when she visits my family on Xmas. I don't really know what would be meaningful. She was very clear that she wants something permanent.

I looked around, and evidently a belt is a good gift because it represents togetherness. Any other good ideas?
Dec 16, 2010 20:58
GUESTLINLIN In China, lovers usually send a cup or a watch to each other:for the 'cup' in Chinese has the same pronunciation with 'lifetime', which means she/he wish the love to be continued throughout their lives; 'watch' in Chinese is '钟', which also means he/she is deeply in love with the other one.
Dec 16, 2010 21:02
GUEST16112 wow , nice man ,
follow your heart , it is best !
Dec 18, 2010 21:16
GUEST4973
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTLINLIN

In China, lovers usually send a cup or a watch to each other:for the 'cup' in Chinese has the same pronunciation with 'lifetime', which means she/he wish the love to be continued throughout their lives; 'watch' in Chinese is '钟', which also means he/she is deeply in love with the other one.

A wristwatch is ok. But do not send a huge one (I mean a clock hung on the wall). In Chinese, 送钟 (sending a clock) has the same pronunciation as 送终(arranging for the burial of a deceased relative or person).
Dec 21, 2010 03:14
"She was very clear that she wants something permanent."

Then a diamond is needed, haha. Just kidding. Hope you you don't mind.

My experience: just buy something that she is in need of. I bought a pretty handbag for my girlfriend at her birthday. And I did it secretly. When she got the present, she was surprised. She thought I forgot her birthday but I didn't. And she told me that she planned to buy a new handbag and didn't expect I would buy one for her. Actually, I already saw her handbag was broken and then decided to buy her a new one.

She asked how much it cost and I didn't tell her because it was a bit expensive.
Aug 14, 2016 02:19
GUEST00244 你不要這樣騙他。。。
Mar 29, 2018 17:30
GUESTMARINELLA You want to gift something special or ?
Mar 29, 2018 17:32
You want to gift something special and not expensive or what kind of a gift?
Last edited by 131917887648548: Mar 29, 2018 17:32
Apr 17, 2020 11:30
GUESTLILYSCOMS Hi everyone at community.travelchinaguide.com! Stock Up On CBD is the Globe's first wholesale CBD marketplace where you are able to discover top-drawer CBD products across many different categories just like CBD Coffee from the major Hemp and CBD companies. We are now planning to incorporate some more CBD and Hemp retail stores. Could you allow me to know the name of your local CBD and Hemp Shop?
Post a Reply to: Gift for a Chinese girlfriend
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code