Menu
Gift for a Chinese girlfriend
Dec 16, 2010 12:44
  • THRILLJACK
I started dating a Chinese girl and, to make a long story short, I need a good gift idea for when she visits my family on Xmas. I don't really know what would be meaningful. She was very clear that she wants something permanent.

I looked around, and evidently a belt is a good gift because it represents togetherness. Any other good ideas?
Dec 16, 2010 20:58
GUESTLINLIN In China, lovers usually send a cup or a watch to each other:for the 'cup' in Chinese has the same pronunciation with 'lifetime', which means she/he wish the love to be continued throughout their lives; 'watch' in Chinese is '钟', which also means he/she is deeply in love with the other one.
Dec 16, 2010 21:02
GUEST16112 wow , nice man ,
follow your heart , it is best !
Dec 18, 2010 21:16
GUEST4973
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTLINLIN

In China, lovers usually send a cup or a watch to each other:for the 'cup' in Chinese has the same pronunciation with 'lifetime', which means she/he wish the love to be continued throughout their lives; 'watch' in Chinese is '钟', which also means he/she is deeply in love with the other one.

A wristwatch is ok. But do not send a huge one (I mean a clock hung on the wall). In Chinese, 送钟 (sending a clock) has the same pronunciation as 送终(arranging for the burial of a deceased relative or person).
Dec 21, 2010 03:14
"She was very clear that she wants something permanent."

Then a diamond is needed, haha. Just kidding. Hope you you don't mind.

My experience: just buy something that she is in need of. I bought a pretty handbag for my girlfriend at her birthday. And I did it secretly. When she got the present, she was surprised. She thought I forgot her birthday but I didn't. And she told me that she planned to buy a new handbag and didn't expect I would buy one for her. Actually, I already saw her handbag was broken and then decided to buy her a new one.

She asked how much it cost and I didn't tell her because it was a bit expensive.
Aug 14, 2016 02:19
GUEST00244 你不要這樣騙他。。。
Mar 29, 2018 17:30
GUESTMARINELLA You want to gift something special or ?
Mar 29, 2018 17:32
You want to gift something special and not expensive or what kind of a gift?
Last edited by 131917887648548: Mar 29, 2018 17:32
Post a Reply to: Gift for a Chinese girlfriend
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code