sunrise and enlightenment
Dec 20, 2010 18:39
  • MARRIE
The fundamental Buddhism is summarised by Shakyamuni in the Dhammapada:

Not to do any evil,
To cultivate good,
To purify one's mind,
This is the teaching of the Buddhas.

It is simple but not easy. When a kid is three years old, he knows it. However, when he is over 80 years old, he cannot really practice it in his daily life.

It a purified grand scenary of universe, which is sunrise, the God.

Dec 20, 2010 21:32
Am I weird? A lot of people just love sunrise. But I am a guy who loves sunset very much.
Dec 21, 2010 22:18
  • MARRIE
LJ, what's the difference between the above pic and the sunset pic here. It's hard to tell which is which. When life flows into the middle and end of the dash, sunset carries the sense of the previous things never more whether or not they brought to you bitternees or sweetness. That is the reason, I think, sunset owns more meanings including the helpless longing for the never more sunrise.

sunset

Dec 21, 2010 23:58
MARRIE,

You explained it very well. I've never experienced sunrise before. I just watched some pictures of sunrise on TV or on the internet. But I did see wonderful sunset pictures when I was on Mt. Jiuhua in Anhui. Luckily, I took some nice photos. That's why I am impressed by sunset.
Dec 24, 2010 21:05
  • MARRIE
LONELYJOURNEY,

Sunset view is much easier to catch than sunrise. We get up early, say 5 am, to go to sea shore for sunrise, but only the lucky ones have the chance to catch the 'core' of sunrise, i.e., the view that the Sun jumps from the horrizon to high up into the sky, which happens only at a blink.
Dec 25, 2010 21:01
Agreed. It is difficult to catch a view of sunrise at the place where I live. There are many tall buildings and the weather is not good. Due to air pollution, you seldom have chance to see very blue sky and white clouds. Too bad.
Post a Reply to: sunrise and enlightenment
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code