Menu
shanghai 8pm 12/ 26 1 night & Beijing 1/3- 1/4/11
Dec 22, 2010 04:42
  • KTK8
Hi, I have a 12 hour layover in Shanghai evening Dec. 26 to next morning. Dec. 27 on my way to another city in China, but I want to see nightlife safely there and it would be better with a trustworthy person (I'm not looking for a paid travel guide though).
I'm interested in taking photos/ video of the Pearl Tower, the River, the Bund lighted metro, and seeing nightlife (dancing) or just lots of lights.
Could you suggest...
1. Fastest most economical TRANSPORTATION from the airport (the train?)to.. ?
2. a CLEAN,SAFE yet not really expensive hotel ?
3. VERY CLOSE to tourist nightlife (Bund, East Naijing St. Pearl Tower?)??
4. Does the airport have safe lockers?
Last edited by KTK8: Dec 22, 2010 04:51
Dec 22, 2010 06:38
  • VIVIAN0719
WOW, right after Christmas
Er, seems that every hotel near the Bund is “REALLY expensive”. You may try “Shanghai Metropole Hotel”, my father stayed there last time, quite nice, like 500RMB/night (we booked on-line in advance). I think it’s on Fuzhou Rd.& Jiangxi Rd., can’t remember exactly, google it!
The hotel is near everything, the Bund, East Nanjing Rd., and Pearl Tower is right across the River. Perfect place for sightseeing, I mean, the lights. And luckily, the most spectacular parts about shanghai is the lights.
If you are arriving in Pudong Airport, take subway, LINE 2, which goes directly to East Nan Jing Road. If it’s Hongqiao Airport, LINE 2 OR LINE 10, both goes to East Nan Jing Road.
Sorry I don’t know about safe lockers, hope these will be helpful.
Post a Reply to: shanghai 8pm 12/ 26 1 night & Beijing 1/3- 1/4/11
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code