Menu
HANOI to GUILIN by Train
Mar 27, 2005 21:11
  • ALLIE60
Hi!

Has anyone travelled from Hanoi to Guilin by train? If so how was thr journey? Any tips? And what was the cost?

Also if anyone can help me I am trying to find out how I can get from Wuhan to Guilin(futher in to trip)....

Thanks
Mar 28, 2005 10:05
  • ANTHEA
There are no direct train from Hanoi to Guilin, but you can transfer from Nanning, a middle city between the two.The distance between Hanoi to Nanning is 387km, need a 4 hours journey, and about 360km from Nanning to Guilin, a 4 hours train journey.

There is another international train from Hanoi to Beijing runs on every Monday and Friday, it should pass Guilin (not for sure),the train No. is T5, you can check for sure.
Mar 30, 2005 00:33
  • VIATURATI3
Hey!
The so-called international train is definitely not my suggestion. Only two rides a week and Vietnam is famous for its low train speed, so it could be good on the Chinese side and sucks on the other side. Also you will have to spend hours waiting for the whole train being checked at the border.
So the best way would be takind a train or a bus (both fast and nice) to Nanning, then a train or a bus (both not so fast and nice) to the border city (Pin xiang) and walk through the border.
Then you can take a cab (200 RMB) directly to Hanoi and they will drop you in the tourist area.
By the way, the international train is super expensive too.
Mar 30, 2005 00:35
  • VIATURATI3
Sorry I was talking about the wrong direction. But it is the same thing.
Cheers!
Post a Reply to: HANOI to GUILIN by Train
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code