Menu
the truth
Dec 31, 2010 01:45
  • ELAIN
In this competitive world ,we all have doubts . Whether you are a lier or not ,everyone is doubted for each other in the international trade field .Cause all that we can see and touch is a cyber world .It makes sense that people have doubts .
My boss always ask for the sample charge when the customer ask a sample , and most of the customers are willing to pay for the sample .The worst thing is that we use a private account to reveive the sample charge ,every time I have to explain to the customer the reason why we use the private account .
Every email I wrote was in the name of my boss ,I'm representing my boss .The most tough thing I met till now is the Panama customer .They made the remittance to the private account but made the beneficiary name the factory .They bank didn't give us the money ,we wrote to tell the customer and told them the situatuion ,they didn't understand ,this thing has beek last for a while ,now the customer thought we are a scammer .This is truely sad .
It happened because we are lack of the faith for each other ,but I have to admit that we made the mistake first .Now let's pray .
Good luck
Dec 31, 2010 04:22
  • GAFFER
As the customer showed trust in your company and did intend to pay I would have apologised for the confusion and sent the sample for no extra charge as a gesture of goodwill. Incidently, I would be suspicious if a company asked me to send money to a private account. Unfortunately China is managing to get a bad reputation for scams.
Jan 1, 2011 00:41
  • CARLOS
Aggree with Gaffer. Lack of trust becomes just via private accounts, different explanations, etc. It does not take a long time until people start thinking something is not right there.

Anyone wants to be trusted should also act trustful way.

Elan, as a businessman (a small one) I do not feel very comfortable about some companys business handled in some internet site although of course we can not identify your company.

If I ever catch any of my staff doing the same, I will consider it as an act against trust and he is then free to go...

Carlos
Jan 2, 2011 04:03
  • ELAIN
iT'S MY BOSS'S PRIVATE ACCOUNT ,IT'S NOT MY FAULT ,i DON'T KNOW WHAT i SHOULD DO
Jan 2, 2011 06:04
  • GAFFER
I realise that Chinese business's have their own way of working but to most people it would seem logical for business money to go into a business account. If I diverted company money (my own company) into my personal account I would be breaking the law.

There is nothing you can do if this is the way he runs his business, but at the same time he cannot blame you if his methods cause problems.
Jan 2, 2011 07:09
  • ELAIN
thanks for your words ,I know it's complicated .I'm gonna quit this job sooner or later thanks you
Jan 3, 2011 23:21
  • ELAIN
Everyone has his thoughts , I shouldn't blame anyone .Cause it's the truth of life ,everyone is suspicious when we are not familiar with each other .I can understand my boss's situation ,I also can understand the customer's .Thinking about our own situation, we all did the right thing to make sure our profits .Even though it didn't work our .
This is life, this is business .Sometimes we do need luck ,everyone's view is different from each other .
I really wish that our thoughts could be simple ,I know it's impossible ,just a wish .
A wish to make this world less competitive and more trust for each other .
Good luck !
Jan 8, 2011 18:32
  • BOBERT
Why does your boss insist you use his private account for samples? I know it's common practice in China but I don't undersatand the logic and therfore I am suspicious. The customer has a right to expect he is dealing with a company representative, not a private individual. Personally I would be wary of such an arrangement and I would not comply. Internet business dealings require transparency not blind trust.
Jan 9, 2011 23:15
  • ELAIN
Because it's my boss's private factory ,we don't have the import and export right ,we ususlly have the trade company to be the agent ,but use the private account to get the sample charge ,it's my boss's rule .I know it's not easy to trust and I will feel the same way if I were the customer .Thanks for your words .
We all lack of trust for each other .
Wish things will be better .
Jan 9, 2011 23:35
  • BOBERT
Even though your explanation is quite plausible and believable, I would still not deposit funds in a private account. I understand it's not your fault but it's unprofessional and asking for trouble. Good luck convincing justifiably suspicious customers otherwise. You will need it!
Jan 9, 2011 23:50
GUEST70208 I agree with your words ,thanks very much ,it won't happen again .
Post a Reply to: the truth
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code