Menu
ABOUT (l) VISA
Jan 5, 2011 00:08
  • MR_BOOGEY
hello everyone

i have a chinese citizen girlfriend,i'm planning to visit her this month. we just want to know what documents do we need to get a tourist visa here in philippines? i'm a filipino guy i've been in china for a few times. i've read on this site only the invitation letter and a photo copy of passport or chinese national i.d. of the host is need. except that is there anything else do i need? i hope for your reply thanks.
Jan 5, 2011 01:17
  • MILES
Besides the invitation letter with a copy of your Chinese girlfriend's valid Chinese passport information page or Chinese national identity card, you also need to provide below documents:
1. Your original passport
2. Filled Visa Application Form (download from [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa.htm]China Visa[/tcgurl] page)
3. one recent passport photo
4. A copy of the round-trip plane ticket
5. Previously used China visa in your old or new passport (Only visa stickers will be accepted. Those with stamped visas must submit additional documents for first time China visa applicants)
Last edited by CHRISTINE: Jan 5, 2011 03:53
Jan 5, 2011 08:40
  • MR_BOOGEY
thanks for your reply by the way is it posible that i can get a residence visa. because i'm planning to stay in china for long to be with my girlfriend. what do i need if it's posible to apply for residence visa or long term (L) visa?
Jan 5, 2011 19:21
  • MILES
It is impossible to obtain a [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/apply.htm]China Resident Visa[/tcgurl]. Now, if you just visit your girlfriend, you possibly get a single entry [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/tourist.htm]China Tourist Visa[/tcgurl] with 30 days or less stay duratin in China. If you can make marriage registration with your Chinese girlfriend, you can apply for a long term L visa by using her Chinese ID card, household registration sheet and the marriage license.
Last edited by MILES: Jan 5, 2011 19:22
Jan 6, 2011 09:38
  • MR_BOOGEY
thanks for your reply again. by the way what if we don't want to get married yet, we just want to get a long term visa to spend more time together. what should we do?
Jan 7, 2011 02:21
  • MILES
You can first try to apply for a single-entry China tourist visa , write more than 30 days stay duration on the application form and ask for the Visa Officer's approval when you submit your application. After you get the tourist visa to enter China, you can go to the local Exit & Enter Department under Public Security Bureau to apply for visa extension 2 days before the expiration of your visa. But the extension is generally less than 30 days. If you really want to stay for a longer period, you can find a job in China and apply for a [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/work.htm]Chinese Work Visa[/tcgurl]. There is almost no other means for you to stay in China legally for a long time if you don't want to marry.
Jan 18, 2011 13:57
  • MR_BOOGEY
hi finally i got a visa but they only gave 14 days and it's valid for 1 month only until February 13 2011. i'm planning to go to china on february 10, i was wondering is it ok that i enter china on feb, 10 and stay there for 14 days. but my visa is valid until feb, 13 only? it's written on my visa that i should enter china before feb, 13. i kinda confuse about this. please explain it to me. thanks
Jan 18, 2011 20:03
  • MILES
It is ok for you to enter China on Feb, 10 and stay there for 14 days. Feb 13 is the last date for you to enter China, the stay duration is counted from the date of entry, Feb 10. You can stay in China till Feb 23, 2011. You are confused by the validity and Stay duration of China visa.
Jan 19, 2011 17:57
  • MR_BOOGEY
thanks by the way i'm planning to extend my L visa when i get to china. is it possible that i can get more stay duration than my current visa when i apply for an extension? what documents do i need? how many times can i extend it?
Jan 19, 2011 19:44
  • MILES
The visa policy for Filipinos is strict, it is not easy for you to get a visa extension within Mainland China, but you can have a try to extend it at the local Exit & Enter Department. The required documents are same as you apply for L visa in the Philippines. The L visa can be extended twice at most.
Sep 21, 2012 05:17
GUEST91181 l am a Nigerian based in Cameroun. Just got a business visa telling me to enter China before December 13th this year. l want to know when is it too late to enter China with this visa? Because l intend travelling on the 20th of November. Is it late at then? Let me know.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: ABOUT (l) VISA
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code