Menu
Booking train tickets from Lanzhou
Mar 29, 2005 11:48
  • OOTYBOY
I will be arriving in Lanzhou in June by plane at midday on a Monday, and I need to get to Jiayuguan by midday Tuesday in order to meet a friend.

Will I be able to get a train ticket on the spot at the railway station for the next train, or do I need to get a travel agent to book something ahead? Does anybody know of a travel agent in Lanzhou who could book train tickets?

How much the train is likely to cost?

Can my friend (who will be in China for a few weeks before I get there) book a ticket for me in my name, to be picked up at the train station?

Thanks.

Mar 29, 2005 12:11
  • DEE0228
Hi!

Since the date will not fall on the travel peak, i figure that you may get the train ticket by yourself after your arrival in Lanzhou. you my buy the ticket from the ticket booth of the railway station. I've checked the train schedule, there many trains from Lanzhou to Jiayuguan.
Mar 29, 2005 14:15
  • BRANDY
Many options can be chose, but i think you should fist consider the following three trains, as they all start from Lanzhou.
N907 Lanzhou/Jiayuguan starts from 20:40 arrives at 10:03
T295 Lanzhou/Urumqi starts from 16:25 arrives in Jiayuguan at 02:40
T657 Lanzhou/Yumen starts from 22:17 arrives in Jiayuguan at 08:11

You may also consult the ticket agent.

Hope these are helpful!

Mar 29, 2005 14:33
  • BRANDY
The fare is cheap. A hard sleeper costs about 160yuan, and a soft sleeper is about 250yuan .
Post a Reply to: Booking train tickets from Lanzhou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code