Menu
ChinaVisa.in : New regulations for 1 year expat visa enforce Jan 2011
Jan 8, 2011 22:34
Latest confirmed details from China Embassy for 1 year visa

All expats wishing to apply for 1 year visa, have to apply for Z visa/working/residence permit , no F visa ( validity with 1 year) renewal NOT POSSIBLE now due to Universiade Shenzhen 2011.

Please refrain from getting authorized notification/invitation from companies in Shanghai, Shenzhen or any private consultants

All expats kindly note that from jan 2011, you need Z working visa for 1 year

Simpler ways to get Z Working Permit !!
The simplest way ( if you are not employed by some company in China), to get Z working visa are

1) Register yourself a HK OFF the Shelf company ( cost ranging around 2500-3500 USD)
2) Complete Legalization of your HK company documents by legal lawyer in HK
3) Have a deposit of 25,000-30,000 USD in reputable bank such as HSBC, which will issue a statement letter for your balance
4) Rent up an office in Shenzhen for Representative office of HK company( you will get 3 working permits in this RO registration)
5) Attend medical checkup at Shenzhen Port hospital.
6) Apply for Alien Working Card at Alien Employment Bureau
7) Convert your regular L, F, Visa to Z visa from Hong Kong
8) Apply for residence permit at Public Security Bureau at Shenzhen
9) Receive Work permit after 6 working days

MOST IMPORTANT: if you wish to secure residence permit for family & child, you will be required to get all your documents( marriage certificate/license, child birth certificate) notorized and duly stamped by Chinese embassy in your home country.

THESE ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT STEPS

I have personally undergone these steps and faced a delay of 7 months, as i got bad experience from visa consultants.

I am putting my experience and feedback to help other expats
Jan 17, 2011 01:42
GUEST46249 can i contact youfor information?
Feb 28, 2011 03:31
GUEST73140 I just successfully applied for and obtained a new, 1-year, multiple entry F visa in Hong Kong, so it IS still possible!

I have a British passport with a long string of previous 1-year, multiple entry F visas stretching back all the way to 2005. I am not a HK permanent resident, but I live in HK on a work visa and have frequent business trips to the mainland. All I had to do (as with every year previously) was just to give my business card and passport to my company's visa agent. They took care of the rest.
Mar 4, 2011 07:01
  • APAULT
Yes, while there has already been some tightening up, the story Chinandra tells is rather puzzling for several reasons, but the most glaring point is that most people should not be applying through HK. The rules vary according to your nationality and the country in which you are applying. Genuine Z and F visa applicants should continue to get the appropriate info from the consulate in their own country.

So Guest73140 does not surprise me especially as he has a work visa and temporary residency for HK.
Mar 9, 2011 12:52
GUEST07208 sir, what about family visa L for 1 year stay,
i am indian , married a chinese national 6 years now,
i been china 6 times, now i want stay there long time, what
is the procces? please help me.
Mar 10, 2011 01:13
  • ELLIOTT
You can first apply for a Tourist Visa for family visit to go to China, once you arrive in China, you can go to the local Exit & Enter Department of Public Security Bureau to try to apply for one year residence permit for family visit. For more information, please refer to http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/family-visit-permit.htm
Post a Reply to: ChinaVisa.in : New regulations for 1 year expat visa enforce Jan 2011
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code