Menu
chinese is a unrivaled Language on the earth
Jan 28, 2011 20:17
  • GREAT_HAN
chinese has more than 5000 years history,any Language on the earth can be translated into chinese,but no language can Express Completely

the meaning of chinese.

and today in china, using of chinese is Oral language,chinese people can Hardly read an Article writting in Written chinese .

before 1912 in china all books were writted in Written chinese

history of Korea were writted in Written chinese too.

Jan 30, 2011 20:51
GUEST15737 I do not believe that your grasp on other languages is strong enough to compare other languages to Chinese or make the claim that Chinese is aN unrivaled language.

It is actually very untrue that any language can be translated into Chinese. Most translations of anything, from any language into any other language, often fail to conveying the meaning or complexity of the original work.

You should master a couple of other languages before proclaiming the superiority of Chinese. Chinese is a great language, but all languages have their strengths and weaknesses. 各有千秋。

Cultural, ethnic, and linguistic superiority are all so 20th century. Get with the times and open your mind.
Feb 9, 2011 22:56
I'm with GUEST15737 on this.

There are certain things are expressed in Chinese, which are difficult to express in English but it also works the other way round. There are concepts that are much easier to express in European languages than Chinese. I feel that this has nothing to do with the superiority of a certain people or language but because different cultures and people have different ways to express themselves about different concepts.
Feb 9, 2011 23:01
  • MIKE39
I smell a troll.
Post a Reply to: chinese is a unrivaled Language on the earth
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code