Menu
Tibet Entry Permit
Feb 12, 2011 03:58
  • CATCHPOINTS
I plan to travel from Shanghai to Lhasa and back by train in March 2011. How can I get a Tibet Entry Permit, please?
Feb 13, 2011 01:33
GUEST5986 Foreign travelers must be on an organized tour, either a private tour or a group tour to visit Tibet. Independent travel is prohibited in Tibet.

You may contact the administrative offices to get more info on getting a Tibet Entry Permit.

Tel: 021-62578447; 021-62572413
Address: 1/F, No.350 Wuning Lu, Putuo District, Shanghai

More information on Travel in Tibet: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/tibet/
Feb 13, 2011 02:54
  • CATCHPOINTS
Thank-you for fast reply and very useful information.

I am trying to organise a private tour. I will send my details to the travel agent and hope he can then get the permit.
Sep 29, 2015 03:40
I want full information of LHASA, How we get entry permit for Lhasa. How we can operate a Charter Flight to Lhasa, from whom we can obtain permits......
Sep 29, 2015 20:31
GUEST54778
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMAR_DEEP9911266159

I want full information of LHASA, How we get entry permit for Lhasa. How we can operate a Charter Flight to Lhasa, from whom we can obtain permits......

Without the travel permits, you can't even buy the air tickets. According to the rule, individual foreign travellers are not allowed to go to Tibet alone. They should join a group tour arranged by qualified tour agencies. Then agencies can help you acquire the travel permits.

I found that this website provided much information regarding of Tibet Travel. So I think they should be able to help you with your issues. You might try to contact them.
Post a Reply to: Tibet Entry Permit
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code