Menu
New Vs Old, Inconvenient Vs Convenient
Feb 16, 2011 01:36
guestBob The house price in China is getting higher and higher these years. Meanwhile, it’s time for the generations after 80s to get married, which means it’s time for them to buy a house in traditional Chinese ideas. But the thing is many of them are unable to afford one, at least for me and my friends around. In this case, many of us choose to buy an old second-hand house or a new one which is located on the edge of the town, for they are cheaper. That’s the thing I’m hesitating about. Which one to choose one, the old one or the new but inconvenient one? So I’m writing here to hear more voice, especially the one from the girls. Hope you could give me some inspirations.

1. A brand new apartment, but far from the city center, my working place, the shopping place, hospitals, etc.
2. An old second-hand apartment, but close to my working place, the shopping place, hospitals, etc.
Feb 16, 2011 01:49
  • GARDENER12
I'm not a girl, can I answer your questions?

I prefer the one near the city center because I hate to get up early in the morning, especially in winter times.
Feb 16, 2011 03:06
  • GAFFER
Strange how culture differs. In the west it is usually the older property that has the higher value because it has "character". However, older apartments in China can be lacking in amenities and comfort. You might need to be quite fit if the apt is on the 7th floor and there is no lift. In my opinion convenience would win the argument, especially if the apt has been or can be modernised and has a reasonable lease period left. Locating to the suburbs would mean long travel times and possible loss of social life.
Last edited by GAFFER: Feb 16, 2011 03:07
Feb 16, 2011 20:49
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

Locating to the suburbs would mean long travel times...

Yes, I still remember the time when I worked as an intern in my senior. The company was far from my campus. Each day, I spent almost 4 hours on the road to work or off work. Really a waste of my life
Feb 16, 2011 20:53
  • GARDENER12
I think the neighbourhood of the new one is better to help eacape from the bustle and hustle of city life. It is good to reduce presure from work.
Last edited by GARDENER12: Feb 16, 2011 20:55
Feb 18, 2011 02:08
GUESTBROOK I'm poor so I could only rent one to live. but if I could afford, I prefer to be a 'city' man.
Post a Reply to: New Vs Old, Inconvenient Vs Convenient
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code