Menu
Visa and vingerprints
Feb 18, 2011 08:01
  • ZIPFUN
Hi,

i'm a dutch citizen. About 22 years ago apprehended for shoplifting. I paid a fine, but i think i have a criminal record now, they also took vingerprints. Never had enything to do with justice before and afther.

Now i have planned a trip to China with my wife and friends. The travel has been discussed and partly paid....

So by filling in the application form I found the question: "Do you have any criminal record in China or any other country?"

I whas almost forgotten the "crime" more than two decades ago....

My questions are: How to fill in the answer YES or NO?
If i fill in NO, what can be the consequenses?
Here in Holland the keep records about shoplifting for 30 years.
Can i say NO? Crazy thought but.....will my vingerprints be on Interpol? I don't want any trubble on a international airport in front of my frieds.

Maybe i see ghosts but can some one please help me giving the wright answer.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by ZIPFUN: Feb 18, 2011 08:02
Feb 18, 2011 19:24
  • MILES
Please don't worry, just click No for the item "Do you have any criminal record in China or any other country?" on the visa application, it is not serious for shoplifting and 20 years has passed, your vingerprints won't be on interpol. Then it is easy to get a tourist visa to China, once you click yes, you will be interviewed or your application will be denied. Once you get a valid visa to China, you can enter and exit China without any problem.
Feb 19, 2011 04:29
  • ZIPFUN
se i have to go to China
Quote:

Originally Posted by MILES View Post

Please don't worry, just click No for the item "Do you have any criminal record in China or any other country?" on the visa application, it is not serious for shoplifting and 20 years has passed, your vingerprints won't be on interpol. Then it is easy to get a tourist visa to China, once you click yes, you will be interviewed or your application ...

Thank you MILES,

i whas worried about the vingerprints, because they are recorded on a chip in my new paspoort.....and the record's are hold for 30 years (crazy)
Can you help me a bit more with these specific questions:

If i answer NO, how big is the change they do a check?
And once the visa is granted with NO on the form, can i expect any trubble in China on international airports or national airports? Do'nt want to be nervous for three weeks?

If the answer is YES, what change do i have that the visa will be denied? Will it depend on the official of the day?

Please answer these questions couse i have to go to China!

Thanks in advance
Last edited by ZIPFUN: Feb 19, 2011 04:33
Feb 19, 2011 19:51
  • MILES
You are too nervous, you just have the criminal record of shoplifting, it is not considered as a crime, only the criminals of smuggling, kidnapping, drug and terrorists, etc are on interpol, they will be checked carefully, for you, just click no, it is easy fro you to get a visa to China, you won't expect any trubble in China on international airports or national airports.
Post a Reply to: Visa and vingerprints
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code