Menu
How do you think about aged drivers?
Feb 19, 2011 00:51
  • ROVER
An 88 year old Italian lady has recently got a driver license. How do you think about it? Do you think it is encouraging or dangerous for the lady herself and the passengers?
Feb 19, 2011 01:14
GUESTDAVE I think it dangerous, just like drunk driving to some extent.
Feb 20, 2011 23:44
  • NOBODY
I also think its dangerous... its just easier for elder people to suddenly get a heart attack or something else..
But i wouldnt say that we should take the license away from everyone over 60....
Just make a medical test.. make some regulations and many are happy..
Feb 21, 2011 03:44
GUEST4842 I doubt if she can hold the steering wheel steadily and tightly when turning around.
Feb 21, 2011 21:49
  • LINGYUXISU
My grandma is 84 years old and very healthy in ordinary Chinese people's opinions. Even though it is difficult for me to imagine her dirving. Definitely impossible.
Feb 23, 2011 05:45
  • DODGER
Rover, I have seen many young drivers in Beijing. Most seemed to have; judging by the way that they drive, bought their licenses’.
As I am fast approaching 88, and have been driving for over 20 years (OK, a lie, it’s much longer) I would resent anyone saying that I am too old to drive.
I made a decision some years ago to live for ever. So far it seems to be working all right .I might at times forget where I am going, or where I live, or even what my name is, but I do not drive and text, or drive and drink. Those are the main reasons for many traffic accidents.
Dodger.
Feb 23, 2011 21:27
  • ROVER
Dodger, you really know China well. You even know people buy driver's license here.
I am thinking about learn to drive recently. But considering the traffic situation in the town, I gave up. I am not brave enough to squeeze a car into the vehicle streams. Maybe I will drive in my hometown, a beautiful countryside with less cars.
Last edited by ROVER: Feb 23, 2011 21:29
Feb 24, 2011 04:40
  • DODGER
Rover, I think you should start to take driving lessons now. As with most things, it’s easy to learn when you are young.
Your biggest problem though, will be finding a good teacher who will teach you how to drive; not just how to pass the test.
Dodger.
Feb 24, 2011 09:33
  • CARLOS
Ther is nothing worse in traffic than an old woman driving a car. It is really painful to be stuck behind one.
However, it is not any cause to prohibit them driving.
I am with Dodger here, there are lots of young drivers, mostly young men, whose license should be taken away for... say about 10 years or so. Forever might be suitable for some.
Sometimes when I see some whippersnapper driving like a lunatic and in addition 15" subwoofer in his tail gate shouting rap music so that my cheeks tremble I hope it would be legal here to carry a Magnum 44 in car.

I was never like that when I was a young lad...

Carlos
Feb 24, 2011 20:49
  • ROVER
Dodger, I'll think about it seriously. Thanks for the advice.
Feb 24, 2011 20:57
  • ROVER
Dodger and Carlos, you both think the lunatic young drivers more dangerous than the aged drivers. So when I do drive someday, I will try my best to be far far away from those crazy drivers.
Post a Reply to: How do you think about aged drivers?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code