Menu
UK man, Chinese girl want to marry and live in China
Nov 17, 2013 13:07
  • ARTHURCHEW
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST89212 View Post

To obtain Chinese residency you have to first marry a Chinese lady.
Then you have to live in China for 9 months of five consecutive years and stay married to the same lady.
It took me 5 years to find out this information as when you ask a question they never tell you everything that maybe relevent or useful to the thing that you...

Do you mean 45 months in 5 years?
Nov 17, 2013 19:49
GUESTT6890
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARTHURCHEW

Do you mean 45 months in 5 years?

Yes, you need to stay in China for at least 9 months (per year) in consecutive five years. But it doesn mean that you will get it even if you meet all the requirements. Do you know how many foreigners gain their permanent resident permits every year? around 200.
Nov 18, 2013 04:03
  • HAWAIIMIKE
Yes, that is what they mean. You will be getting a "residency visa" which means you need to be living "in country" 3/4 of the year, hence residency. It is a little known visa. It's better to forget that, as it doesn't entitle you to anything other than living in China. It's better to get the Z visa, as I would assume you would need to be working. Unless of course you have plenty of money to live in China for 9 months, then no problem.
Nov 20, 2013 08:43
GUEST15122 As a 59 year old UK man who does not like the way UK ladies are so materialistic the thought that you can marry a Chinese lady that will marry for love very refreshing.

John
Nov 22, 2013 13:32
GUEST15216 Hello everyone, how are you?
Is any woman looking for Egyptian sigle man?
Dec 31, 2013 14:56
GUESTGUEST_007
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST15122

As a 59 year old UK man who does not like the way UK ladies are so materialistic the thought that you can marry a Chinese lady that will marry for love very refreshing.

John

erm...women from any country can have those "materialistic" issues. its about the person more than where they are from...
Jan 13, 2015 06:45
GUEST10567 I have to agree, there are allot of false people on the internet you just have to be smart, there are also allot of honest people here who are looking for love, I met my Chinese wife 3 years ago we have been married for a year and half and we are very happy here in the uk.
May 9, 2015 02:33
  • PYGRANT
All of the above suggestions changed about 2 years ago with the new visa regulations. It is now possible for you (because you have chinese relatives, having married a Chinese woman) to obtain a 5 or 10 year visa. This does not in itself allow you to work, only to stay in the country. In practice they have given out almost none of the 10 year variety and restricted it to 5 years. If you want to work you have to obtain a work visa (I think it's a Z, but check that)
Dec 30, 2015 10:05
GUESTJOHN A Can anyone help me?
I need to know what paperwork I require to marry a Chinese woman and also the paperwork required to live in China?
Hope you can help because I am looking to go over as soon as I can.
Jan 2, 2016 20:18
GUEST68994 [quote=GUESTJOHN A,587598]Can anyone help me?
I need to know what paperwork I require to marry a Chinese woman and also the paperwork required to live in China?
Hope you can help because I am looking to go over as soon as I can.[/quote]

To get married with your Chinese woman, you should provide single certificate and valid Chinese visa. And you have to make your single certificate authorized by your Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then get it authenticated by Chinese embassy. When you come to your woman's city, you should have your certficate translated by qualified translation company and then notarized by local notary office. Then you can bring your passport, visa, translated and notarized single certificate to get married at local civil office. Your wife needs to bring her Chinese ID card and household registration book.

To live China for long time, you can apply for a Q1 type. It requires your marriage certificate, your wife's invitation letter and her Chinese ID card copy. The entry and exit management bureaus in some cities allow foreigners to change their visas into Q1 type without leaving. So if you are lucky, you can get Q1 without leaving. After getting Q1, you need to change it into long-term resident permit. Usually, it's valid for 1 to 3 years. However, you can't work with Q1 type.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: UK man, Chinese girl want to marry and live in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code