Menu
suggestions to our first trip to hongkong
Feb 21, 2011 16:46
  • ICALAMBS
Good day!! We have plans of going to hongkong on May! I will be travelling with my hubby, 5 kids and nanny. Kids are aged 13,12,11,9 and 1.8. Can you please suggest itinerary for our trip? Its going to be 4days /3nights. Kindly include hotels(accessible atleast to spots and affordable), attractions for kids, must see spots for first timers and a little of shopping! :) All your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)
Feb 21, 2011 21:23
  • BL2022
About the hotel, I think the ones close to the MTR station are better. The MTR and transportation in HongKong are very convenient. Do you have some specific requirments about the hotel? Here is a list of Hong Kong hotels for your reference: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/hotel/cheap-hongkong-hotels.htm
Places to visit: one day to Disneyland, one day Hong Kong island tour (the Peak, the Victorial Bay,the Ocean park, etc), one day for shopping and one day for macau.

I'm currently planning a visit to Hong Kong too and I also want to put the A Symphony of Lights and Ngong Ping 360 in my itinerary.
Mar 28, 2011 03:59
  • KASSANDRA
I was in Hong Kong several times with and without my family, but what I discovered newly was a mobile city guide which was really useful and fun for the whole family too. This was based on a rental smartphone and it included a navigation system, a travel guide and a phone with unlimited internet and free local calls and 1 hour free international calls. So it was kind of a all in one solution for us. The guide was fun, because there were videos about the attractions and tips, all explained in English by a nice chinese woman, you can watch with your family and decide what to do. And there is a special chapter for HK with children too. Once we decided what to do, we pressed the "Take me there"-Button then it showed us the quickest route by feet or MTR and even the taxi price was calculated, so my daughter didnĀ“t had to suffer from walking too much, neither my husband of carrying her ;-) This mobile guide is called "Ask Ting Ting" and I booked it directly on their website. Then they brought it to my hotel and picked it up from there later on, so it is very easy. Maybe this could be a possibility for you to entertain and explore the city with your big family :-) I hope you'll have a great time there!
Mar 28, 2011 03:59
  • KASSANDRA
Maybe keep us updated about your experience in Hong Kong :-)
Last edited by KASSANDRA: Mar 28, 2011 04:04
Post a Reply to: suggestions to our first trip to hongkong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code