Menu
Do you celebrate the Women's Day?
Mar 7, 2011 03:32
  • LINGYUXISU
Tomorrow is the Women's Day? I have received some small gifts from my boss. Besides, some department stores are on sale these days, especially on the make-up, which I've already bought some yesterday. Do you have some special activities on the Women's Day in your country? Will you send gift to your 'women'? Or you just live it as a normal day and let it go normally?
Mar 7, 2011 19:31
GUEST3741 My girlfriend enjoys a half-day holiday today (Mar.8). She told me that she would go shopping today because most sellers do some promotion campaigns today.
Mar 7, 2011 20:20
  • SUNNYDAY
I've read from the Xinhua News that the Changsha Window of World Park is holding 'Pillow Wars', where the women could play the pillows as frre as they like, for the aim of releasing pressure. Interesting!

Mar 8, 2011 21:39
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST3741

My girlfriend enjoys a half-day holiday today (Mar.8). She told me that she would go shopping today because most sellers do some promotion campaigns today.

She was lucky. Previously, people call it Women's Day (妇女节). Now it has changed. Young girls prefer to call it Girls' Day (女生节).
Mar 9, 2011 00:22
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

She was lucky. Previously, people call it Women's Day (妇女节). Now it has changed. Young girls prefer to call it Girls' Day (女生节).

Yes, girls don't want to be called as women, which sounds old. I heard a joke about it: a girl received a messgae to wish her a happy women's day, which made her very unhappy and replied 'I'm not a woman, but you are.'
Last edited by LINGYUXISU: Mar 9, 2011 00:24
Mar 9, 2011 00:26
  • ROVER
Quote:

Lonely, Girls' Day is March 7th.
Mar 9, 2011 00:37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROVER

Lonely, Girls' Day is March 7th.

Recently, I logged in my mobile QQ, it always showed me Girls' Day. I just thought it was Women's Day. Anyway, I am not a girl. I do not know much about Girls' stuff.
Mar 9, 2011 02:13
  • ROVER
Quote:

Recently, I logged in my mobile QQ, it always showed me Girls' Day. I just thought it was Women's Day. Anyway, I am not a girl. I do not know much about Girls' stuff.

Girls always have their own circle of lives.
Post a Reply to: Do you celebrate the Women's Day?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code