Menu
Credit card
Mar 7, 2011 06:35
  • METTA
Fellow travellers,

I shall be visiting Sanya(Hawaii of China) soon and during my last trip to Shanghai, most places including hotels do not accept International visa or mastercard. Very inconvient to carry stack of currency and dangerous. What about Sanya?
Happy holiday!

Alex
Mar 7, 2011 20:25
  • BL2022
If Shanghai don't have that kind of service, I don't think Sanya will have. Sanya is less international and developed than Shanghai.
Mar 8, 2011 23:56
  • YIWUALIBABA
Quote:

Originally Posted by METTA

Fellow travellers,

I shall be visiting Sanya(Hawaii of China) soon and during my last trip to Shanghai, most places including hotels do not accept International visa or mastercard. Very inconvient to carry stack of currency and dangerous. What about Sanya?
Happy holiday!

Alex

It is up the the hotel's degress where you stay . Small hotels and economic hotels does not accept visa only Chinese Uninon card.
You can get cash from ATM everytime for your daily spendings ,man. You do not have to take big money all the time.
Mar 11, 2011 10:13
  • SOPHIE922
In Guangzhou , even 3 stars standard hotel can accept credit with master or visa marks .And you can withdraw cash daily ,you'd better call your bank can give you more cash limit and let them know you are in China , once you withdraw a mass of cash ,the bank will not think somebody is stealing from your card and freeze it .

And the credit card always can't work on those market or retailers ,wholesalers machine except it have Chinese "银联" remarks,so you'd better not try more than 2 times , in case you credit card was frozen by bank . And you can not notice your bank immediately because of time difference .
Post a Reply to: Credit card
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code