Menu
Earthquake in Japan
Mar 13, 2011 05:18
  • ATTA_BUTT
I condole on death of large amount of people at recent earthquake; its will of God there are lots of people who suffer in this victim, many people including children, old and young. It is big lost for the people of Japan. We need to share our condolences with people of Japan. If we could do so. We are still in shock.

Mar 13, 2011 17:14
  • MARRIE
When I was a teenager, I watched a Jap's movie called "Nihon Sinks", the old movie version. The origninal non fiction book published in 1973 is written by 小松左京. Hope 小松左京's immagination on future Jap in this book won't become true. Let's pray for God showing mercy.
Mar 13, 2011 17:20
GUEST11050 This is a similar scenario when the Japanese troops invaded China in 1942. People in China of all ages suffered tremendously during the war that lasted for 8 years. Men and women were humiliated to the nth degree while children were massacred. Japanese soldiers killed innocent Chinese people for fun in those days. Even today, Japanese leaders have not showed any signs of remorse for their atrocity in attacking China. In fact, they don’t even put that in their history book. Their egotistical attitude is no different from that of the Hitler’s. We may forgive their crimes against humanity. However, we cannot forget their on-going arrogance. In God We Trust.
Mar 13, 2011 20:44
  • COOLSPRINGS
GUEST, from humanitarian and rational point of view, we Chinese no doubt should give helping hands as much as we can even if we are emotional against Japs from generation to generation. Whether the nation is to be ruined or not since is under God's will. What we can do is just praying and doing something positively.
Mar 14, 2011 21:38
  • LINGYUXISU
Yes, it's no fault to help the common Japanese people of new generation. It's not them who invaded china and killed the chinese people. But I really hope the Japan government will do something to comfort Chinese people about what they have done before.

I still remembered an old soldier who was injured in the war. He came to my grandpa's (he was once an army doctor) everyweek to treat his wounds. It was in the 1990s and about 50 years after the war. But by then, his wounds had not been completedly treated well. Can you imagine how painful it is to live with wounds in such a long time? I haven't met the old soldier after I went to middle school. But I know there are many like him who were and are still suffering from the war.
Last edited by LINGYUXISU: Mar 14, 2011 21:39
Mar 15, 2011 06:52
  • LARRYBOY
GUEST11050 How does this make you feel? to make a statement like that because of what happened in the past,, does it make you feel good that this has happened? I am not a supporter in atrocity neither, but I dont take joy in seeing any kind of misery on such a grand scale in any country or situation. The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were quite punishing but maybe not enough for your heart. So in your mind is this a payback again?
You need to reexamine your words on Arrogance.
Mar 15, 2011 21:31
  • MARRIE
Guest, not only are there Chinese who have the same point of views in terms of not providing massive aids to Jap but there are westerners that disagree on providing substantial material help as much as they did to Heidi due to Japs' killing western boys in Far East battle fields in WWII. They never recognize their anti-humanitarian crime committed in that war. Emotionally, We dragon hate this little nation with wolf nature due to the blood debt they have owed to us.
Mar 16, 2011 04:20
GUEST05226 If catsatrophe happened in japan it could happen in China, be careful our words
Mar 17, 2011 12:05
GUEST11050 No need to worry about our choice of words used on this forum—every submission undergoes immaculate screening for political correctness. Chinese people have had their share of suffering as a result of natural disasters or barbaric warmongers. Wounds will never heal for those who survived the Japanese version of Holocaust. Laws of Physics have no boundaries---people residing in areas near the fault lines are earthquake-proned. If you believe in Shinto and/or Buddhism, it is major pay back time. For the Lofans, it is the sheeeeeet hitting the fan. Leaking reactors are no jokes. The Japanese officials are down-playing the gravity of such calamity. Locals remain relatively calm and resilient---virtues of their culture. They will likely kick your butt in no time.
Mar 17, 2011 20:54
  • MARRIE
Japan islands are on the line between Pacific plate and American place. That leaves Japan a quake proned lonely island, which characterize them as having sense of insecurity, calm, sense of destiny and collectivism. I hope their calmness and sense of destiny won't lead them to the other end -- unique Jap's suicide mission.
Mar 19, 2011 09:13
I want to go Japan to help the people there.. If any body help me, i will be appreciate you. Thanking you in advance.

W. Zaman
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Earthquake in Japan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code