Menu
Gender Selection of a Baby
Mar 15, 2011 23:04
  • BAKUI
Gender selection is banned in UK, but still some would-be parents are so eager to choose the sex of their child and prepared to achieve it with the help of doctors, who are said to be ‘playing God’. The technique is called Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD), which is carried out during IVF. Although banned in UK, it is legal in most U.S. states, Russia and the Middle East. What do you think about it? Do you prefer to choose the gender of your child or just let nature take its course?
Mar 15, 2011 23:08
  • ROVER
This kind of thing will never happen in China, otherwise most future Chinese people will be 'boys' and there will be no girls to marry them, and then no people...
Well, you can imagine.
Last edited by ROVER: Mar 15, 2011 23:09
Mar 15, 2011 23:08
GUEST2808 I didn't care about whether if I have a baby girl or boy. He/she is your child. Sex discrimination is no good.
Mar 16, 2011 20:42
GUESTLINLIN I prefer my kid to be a boy, for they are easy to be taken care of. But I'll never do it that way and will let nature take the course.
Mar 16, 2011 20:44
  • BAKUI
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROVER

This kind of thing will never happen in China, otherwise most future Chinese people will be 'boys' and there will be no girls to marry them, and then no people...
Well, you can imagine.

Yeah, China will totally be in a mass if the technique is introduced in.
Last edited by BAKUI: Mar 16, 2011 20:44
Mar 17, 2011 04:43
GUEST94154 Due to Chinese tradition and the one child policy, Chinese couples already unofficially uses gender selection through the use of scan and abortion. Boys outnumber girls by 32 million. Official figures show that there are 122 boys born for every 100 girls. In some regions the ratio is as high as 144:100. In other industrialised countries, the ratio is 100 male to 107 female.
Mar 17, 2011 20:35
GUESTLILY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST94154 View Post

Due to Chinese tradition and the one child policy, Chinese couples already unofficially uses gender selection through the use of scan and abortion. Boys outnumber girls by 32 million. Official figures show that there are 122 boys born for every 100 girls. In some regions the ratio is as high as 144:100. In other industrialised countries, the ratio ...

'gender selection through the use of scan and abortion', it haven't happened around me, at least to the people I knew. Chinese people have changed a lot and it is illegal for the doctor to tell the gender of the coming baby, let alone abortion.
Post a Reply to: Gender Selection of a Baby
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code