Menu
Ways of Administering Self-study Rooms in a University Library
Mar 17, 2011 01:38
  • BAKUI
It is reported that Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications has improved their measures of administering the library’s self-study rooms.

If you have the experience of attending a university in China or know someone with the experience, you must know that seats in the library’s self-study rooms are always in short supply, because there are always more students than the seats due to the expanding enrollment policy in the past years; also because the atmosphere in the library is good for study; one could go to find the info anytime in the library; nobody will drive you away coz the room will be temporarily occupied and…But the short supply of a seat in the self-study rooms has caused many troubles and has always been a headache to the school authority. Recently, a university in Beijing thought out a new way to solve the problem-lottery. The winners in the lottery could use the seat in the following one year.

It reminded me about the way of deciding who could buy a car in Beijing. But a seat in a library self-study room is very much different from the opportunity to buy a car. What if a student gets bad luck and never win in four years, then will he never be allowed to use the self-study rooms in his own school? Ridiculous. What do you think about it or do you have some ways to deal with short supply situation?
Last edited by BAKUI: Mar 17, 2011 01:39
Mar 17, 2011 23:04
  • LINGYUXISU
I think it is a ridiculous and unfair way to solve the problem. The similar thing also happens in my university. When the seats seem in short supply, some students will put useless books on it, so it will not be occupied by others when they are off to attend classes or have meals, which makes the seat even more in tight supply. I just hate them when I cannot find even one ‘blank’ seat when many are not used at the time. You know what, if they don’t occupy one, the seats will be in good supply, instead of tight.
Mar 19, 2011 02:05
  • ROVER
Luckily, we have our own classroom. I can study there:)
Post a Reply to: Ways of Administering Self-study Rooms in a University Library
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code