Menu
Visa Advice
Mar 28, 2011 08:48
  • CARO
Hello,

I am currently in China, holding a 3 month Tourist Visa, which I received in South africa. It will expire mid march, and I was thinking of going to Korea to get a new visa to return to China.
It seems difficult for South Africans to get visa's, so I want to make sure about some things.
I presume I would go to the Busan Consulate to apply for the visa, as I don't hold an ARC. Do you know any other requirements? Do you know if I would be able to get more than a 1 month tourist visa. Three months would be great. And do I need to go through a travel agent or can I do it by myself? If it helps, I can get an invitation letter (for tourist) from a friend here that works at a big company, asking for 3 months. I just want to know if its worth the trip. ANy advice would be great. Thank you
Mar 28, 2011 20:22
  • NANCYMOON
As I know, the visa rule of China Consulate in Busan is not strict, it can issue to China tourist visa to aliens who doesn't have Korean ARC, but you have to submit visa application to one of the travel agencies which are designated by the consulate, you can find this list from http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/southkorea/ The invitation letter from your friend and the copy of his work permit and residence permit are helpful for your application, you can prepare them
Mar 28, 2011 21:27
GUEST45232 thank you very much. Do you know if they can give a three month visa for South Africa if I give the letter asking for three months?

I have the copy of the residence permit and the work permit for my friend. That is no problem. Thank you for the help
Apr 1, 2011 01:14
  • JOHNNASH
Sorry to tell you that it is not a good idea to get a China visa from consulate in Busan now, the visa rule of consulate in Busan has changed for a few days, now, it also asks non-Korean applicants to provide ARC with at least 6 months validity. You can go to Hong Kong to try to get a new visa.
Last edited by JOHNNASH: Apr 1, 2011 01:14
Apr 1, 2011 23:42
  • APAULT
Yes, it is hard these days. Even in HK you will get just 1 month. Alternatively try and find someone where you are living who can help you apply for an F visa. The 'someone' either has to have good business reason or the right contacts and the latter usually means an agent who will charge a hefty fee. Major cities usu have such agents: some advertise in TCG.
Post a Reply to: Visa Advice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code