Menu
Hong Kong Mobile Guide?
Mar 31, 2011 04:24
  • MARTINT
Hello, I am staying in Hong Kong for 4 days and I am not a big fan of the typical touristic tours. A colleague suggested to rent a mobile guide called "Ask Ting Ting" I had a look at their website and now I am thinking of renting it, but has anyone maybe experience with it? How is the quality of the videos? Are the recommended locations up to date? Is it really easy to use, especially concerning the navigation and internet?

Thank you for your help!
Apr 1, 2011 01:07
  • CHERRY07
Haven't used it. But i sounds very nice. The navigation internet functions are good for me.
Apr 1, 2011 02:46
  • BOLT

I found just get a Octopus Card then jump on the Trams a few times,take the Airport Hotel Bus (this takes you past lots of Hotels) Jump on a Bus,Get on a Ferry our two and before you no it you have seen lots of Hong Kong and all very cheaply.
Its not a organised way of The usual tourist but I enjoy seeing behind the scenes.
I found Hong Kong reasonably easy to just do your own thing,there is a Sleazy side like many other countries but you just have to be aware of this and take care.
I hope you enjoy your trip it is a interesting place to see.
Cheers Andrew
Apr 6, 2011 04:03
  • KASSANDRA
Hi Martin,
yes I know this guide, as from my experience I can recommend it! The internet is really useful, you always have your hotspot with you, also the recommendations with the videos are really entertaining and helpful and I think they are updated regulary, because there was a restaurant recommendation and this restaurant (I unfortunatly don´t remember the name, something chinese...) was really nice but it opened just a few month ago. And yes the videos are in high quality. And don´t worry it is really easy to use, the surface is structured logically, u don´t need a manual at all.
I agree Hong Kong is a city it is easy to get around, but it is really convenient to have always a mobile guide with you, cuz you know what to see and to do, you never get lost, you can call and go online, all included. So especially for this city "Ask Ting Ting" seems to me a good solution to accompany you during your stay.
So thumbs up from my personal point of view :-)
Apr 13, 2011 02:09
  • MARTINT
HI!
Just wanted to let you know I am back and I tried this "Ask Ting Ting". It is really something new! So the navigation works fine, also the internet and the phone. But most I loved this Ting Ting. This woman explains everything in an entertaining way. The service of the company was really good too, we met in the hotel and the guy was really friendly and helpful. If I have any trouble I could call, but I didn´t need it. The surface was that easy, I didn´t even look at the manual once.... :-) So yes Kassandra you are right, I worried too much before :-) It was a good expierence and I love Hong Kong!
Post a Reply to: Hong Kong Mobile Guide?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code