Menu
Change single entry F-Visa to double/multiple entry within China
Mar 31, 2011 05:11
  • STEEF85
Hi,

I'm doing a short-term study in Beijing on a 180-days single entry F-Visa. But now I'm here in China, I'm thinking about making a short (10 days max) trip to South Korea. So I was wondering if it is possible to to change my visa to a double or multiple entry one, within China. Or is this impossible, and do I have to apply for a new visa once I'm in South Korea?

Hope someone can help me out.

thanks!
Mar 31, 2011 21:27
  • JOHNNASH
it is impossible to change your visa to a double or multiple entry visa within China, if you want to make a short trip to south korea, you have to apply for a new visa to return to China, however, now, China embassy/consulates in South Korea asks non-korean applicants to provide Alien Registration Card valid for at least 6 months. I don't think you can get a China visa in South Korea.

It is advisable to stay in China till the end of your 6 months study, otherwise, I'm afraid that you can't return to China to continue your study after your trip to Korea.
May 24, 2011 01:26
GUEST85226 Hey STEEF,

I've got the exact same problem (except i want to visit a friend in Hanoi).
Have you had any luck changing the status of your visa??

S
Post a Reply to: Change single entry F-Visa to double/multiple entry within China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code