Menu
Questions about China Visa
Apr 1, 2011 03:51
guestChen Hello,

I have some questions about China Visa.

It's my first time self travelling to China with my family, I have some questions about
visa application form V2011A as follows:

- If I plan to stay in the same hotel during a trip, could I fill the name,address,
and phone number of the hotel in:

2.8 Name, address and phone number of your inviter or contact unit in China
2.9 Name, address, phone number of your relative, friend or contact person in China

- Is it correct to fill dash (-) If I don't have some information to fill in, such as, former nationality?

- Is it OK to fill 'NO' in "2.7 Do you have medical insurance covering your visit in China?

- Is it correct to sign my name in "section 6: Signature" and complete the section 7 If the application form is completed by me on my parents' behalf.

Many Thanks,
Chen
Apr 10, 2011 22:42
  • MILES
- yes, you can fill the name,address, and phone number of the hotel in: 2.8, 2.9 Section of the visa application form

- you need to fill N/A for the items which are not suiltable for you, such as the former nationality

- fill N/A for the 2.7 Do you have medical insurance covering your visit in China?

- it is correct to sign your name in "section 6: Signature" and complete the section 7 If the application form is completed by you on your parents' behalf
Apr 12, 2011 17:51
GUESTJOOLS I am travelling to China next month and am a New Zealander and will be travelling on my New Zealand passport which is valid until May 2012 (think 29th). However, it's just occurred to me that my departure date will be just outside the 12 months validity, so I hope that's not a problem.

My main concern is... I'm still planning my itinerary and do not have all my accommodation etc., AND, I'm flying into Beijing and out of Hong Kong....
~ so can I apply for my Visa whilst still in the planning stages as long as my departure dates are known? Do I need anything more other than a tourist Visa for Macau, Hong Kong and the rest of China? Some forum posts suggest differently!

Thanks
Apr 12, 2011 21:18
  • JOHNNASH
You don't need a visa to Hong Kong or Macau, you just need a tourist visa to Mainland China, but you should know the general itineray of this trip, you need to full the Residences and phone numbers during your stay in China (in a time sequence) on the visa application forms. At least, you should know the first accommodation in China, otherwise, your application will be denied.
Apr 30, 2012 09:55
GUESTGUESTCHRIS I'm getting ready to fill out the visa form and I was hoping someone could help me, because the Consulate didn't return my email about a couple questions:

It's my first time going to China, but I won't be entering the country from the US, it'll be from South Korea. Since it's my first time, does anyone know if I can get a multiple entry visa? I've seen mixed answers to this question.

Second question: A friend of mine is going to take my application and passport to the Consulate...does my friend need to fill in Section 7, or is that done only if my friend filled out the form for me?

Thanks in advance
Sep 22, 2012 03:14
GUEST99134 HI,
I am still in the process of planning my trip to countries in Sout East Asia. 1. Can I apply for a tourist visa to China from Malyasia? 2.Also can I apply now & with the Visa effect from December 2012?

Thanks,
Andrea
Jan 9, 2014 16:09
GUEST11123 If I book my trip through Travelocity and am going to Beijing for 3 days, Chengdu for 2 days and Xi'an for 2 days, doing our own travel and hotels and then booking day excursions, how do I answer 2.6 and 2.8 on the visa application?

Do I put a separate entry for each day I am in each city?
What do I put for inviter?

I also wondered, on 1.23, I am an adult traveling with my two children (19 and 16) do I need to list my parents on a separate page?

Thank you!
Tracy
Jan 21, 2014 01:02
GUEST9893 GUEST11123,

If you don't have an inviter, you just write N/A or None.
Post a Reply to: Questions about China Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code