Menu
I am curious to know something about Chinese Zodiac
Apr 2, 2011 20:39
  • ATTA_BUTT
Why people believe in Chinese Zodiac. Is there is special reason?What is the Chinese Zodiac, and where did the Chinese Zodiac originate from?
Last edited by ATTA_BUTT: Apr 2, 2011 20:59
Apr 7, 2011 10:47
  • ATTA_BUTT
Chinese zodiac sign consists of twelve symbol of animals. All twelve symbol of animals have different characteristics. Traditional Chinese zodiac sign begins with the sign of the Rat, Chinese zodiac sign is not only symbolized by twelve animals sign, but its also equipped with the material elements. Each material element contains its own meaning itself. The Fourth material elements are: water, wood, fire and metal.

Each of the 12 animals are governed by an element plus a Yin Yang Direction.
Apr 7, 2011 10:48
  • ATTA_BUTT
1. Rat (Yang, Fixed Element Water).
2. Ox (Yin, Fixed Element Water).
3. Tiger (Yang, Fixed Element Wood).
4. Rabbit (Yin, Fixed Element Wood).
5. Dragon (Yang, Fixed Element Wood).
6. Snake (Yin, Fixed Element Fire).
7. Horse (Yang, Fixed Element Fire).
8. Ram (Yin, Fixed Element Fire).
9. Monkey (Yang, Fixed Element Metal).
10. Rooster (Yin, Fixed Element Metal).
11. Dog (Yang, Fixed Element Metal).
12. Pig (Yin, Fixed Element Water).

That's The 12 chinese zodiac sign which is also known as SHIO. Substitution of the zodiac that one to the other is the Chinese New Year (Gong Xi Fat Cay)
Apr 7, 2011 11:16
  • ATTA_BUTT
There are many answers to the question of where did the Chinese Zodiac originate from. The Chinese Zodiac, used in conjunction with the Chinese calendar is a sequential record of the Chinese Lunar New Year. As such, it is the longest chronological record in world history. For thousands of years the Chinese used this system to mark the passage of time.
In 1911, China adopted the Gregorian Calendar. This calendar, introduced by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582, is internationally accepted civil calendar today. However, the Chinese no longer use the lunar calendar for official business, it is still widely used to mark holidays, birthdays, and other special events. In fact, many Chinese calendars manufactured today still use both systems.
It is unknown exactly when the Chinese lunar calendar was first created or introduced. Legend holds that the calendar was created by the Yellow Emperor in 2600 BCE as a way to mark the Lunar New Year. Regardless, it is known that the Chinese Zodiac has been in use for thousands of years.
Apr 7, 2011 11:21
  • ATTA_BUTT
Early archaeological and historical records suggest that one of the first systems used by the Chinese to tell time was the system of Earthly Branches. There are twelve Earthly Branches, known as Zi, Chou, Yin, Mao, Chen, Si, Wu, Wei, Shen, You, Xu and Hai.
Each branch corresponded to a year, making for a twelve year cycle. This correlates with the twelve years it takes the planet Jupiter to orbit once around the Sun. The number twelve also refers to the number of months in the year, as well as the number of hours in a day (the Chinese use a system of double-hours).
Apr 7, 2011 11:23
  • ATTA_BUTT
The Zodiac
Around the year 1000 CE, these Twelve Earthly Branches were replaced by the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. One reason that this was done was so that the calendar would be well understood by all. The Twelve Branches calendar had proved inaccessible to common people. Therefore the Twelve Branches became the twelve signs of the Zodiac, each year in the cycle represented by a different animal.
Apr 23, 2011 01:48
oh wow, thx for telling. You seems to have known everything now:)
Last edited by LILY_LITTLEDUMB: Apr 23, 2011 01:49
Apr 23, 2011 10:49
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by LILY_LITTLEDUMB

oh wow, thx for telling. You seems to have known everything now:)

Thanks. I likes different cultures and it was new for me therefore I had search for that.
Apr 24, 2011 05:49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

Thanks. I likes different cultures and it was new for me therefore I had search for that.

And I think Chinese zodiac is to some degree belivable, for example when it comes to the matches of the 12 animals.
Apr 26, 2011 10:40
  • ATTA_BUTT
Some degree believable, why not full? Do you think it is just as a fun, and we shouldn't believe?
Apr 28, 2011 01:32
yes, it is believable to some degree.
For examle, I'm a rabbit, and it is said rabbits are normaly elegant and gentle, they are sensitive and emotional. And they tend to rely on others.
Well, yes. Some people are just as it is said. But there are also some exceptions.
That's what I mean by "some degree".
Last edited by LILY_LITTLEDUMB: Apr 28, 2011 01:33
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: I am curious to know something about Chinese Zodiac
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code