Menu
The most unforgettable honeymoon!
Apr 10, 2011 03:26
  • XIAOXIAO
You get married and you go on a honeymoon. Having a big trip to celebrate honeymoon is very nice, isn’t it? But is it still nice if you endures six disasters during your honeymoon trip?

Stefan and Erika Svanstrom, a couple from the Sweden, set out on their 4-month-long honeymoon with their baby girl on Dec. 6, 2010. They had the most unforgettable honeymoon because they witnessed six catastrophes.

They were once stranded in Munich, Germany, due to one of Europe's worst snowstorms. After that, they experienced the devastation of a cyclone in Cairns, Australia, and the flooding in Brisbane, and narrowly escaped the bush fires in Perth. Just before they arrived in New Zealand, the 6.3-magnitude earthquake hit Christchurch and in Tokyo, they felt Japan's largest temblor since records began.

On March 29, the family returned to Stockholm after a much calmer visit to their last destination, China. Their story was first reported in Stockholm's Expressen newspaper.

Marriage has to endure many trials but it seems that they have endured too much. They may write a book to record their experience and their child will read their parents’ legendary travel story.

To those who are married, how did you spend your honeymoon? To those lovers, have you planned your honeymoon? I also prefer to have a trip to celebrate my honeymoon.

Apr 10, 2011 22:45
  • SUNNYDAY
The God must have forgotten them. But just as a Chinese saying goes: an afflication works out a blessing. I believe they will never forgot their honeynoon.
Apr 11, 2011 04:47
GUEST4756 The God hasn't abandoned them. He just made a joke with them. Their honeymoon was adventurous and exciting.
Apr 11, 2011 21:17
  • SUNNYDAY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST4756

The God hasn't abandoned them. He just made a joke with them. Their honeymoon was adventurous and exciting.

Maybe they could write a book, named 'An Adventurous Honeymoon'
Apr 11, 2011 22:36
  • XIAOXIAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDAY

Maybe they could write a book, named 'An Adventurous Honeymoon'

Good idea. My friends went to Yunnan to spend their honeymoon two weeks ago. The earthquake also happend there. But they came back safely. Such a experience is really unforgettable.
Apr 16, 2011 01:32
I am spanish, my wife was spanish too. We got married in 1992 and spend our honey moon in Suzhou and enjoyed a cruise on YangTse river. Sadly my wife died in 2007.

Four years after I am about to get married again. My weedding will be in Suzhou. And not because the memories of my first wedding. Just because my bride was born in Suzhou. I met her 18 years after that first trip to Suzhou.

Maybe I must start to believe in fate. This beautiful city has some kind of power magic over me :P
Post a Reply to: The most unforgettable honeymoon!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code