Menu
Products from China
Apr 20, 2011 11:15
  • ANNASV
Hello!

This summer I will travel to China and need some help:) During the last few years there have been some scandals in terms of product safety problem, melamine scandal and other problems related to products manufactured in China.

I am a bit concerned about this part. Some communities that I have been visited are very negative and tell people to be aware of products from China such as milk powder, while other communities are more positive.

I wonder how much I should believe what is written in the social media and take into consideration?

Do you get influenced by what you read from other peoples in their communities like forums, blogs, etc. about Chinese products?

I would have been really grateful if you could help me:)
Apr 20, 2011 21:37
  • LINGYUXISU
There are indeed some problems about the product safety. I know it from the news. But is has not influenced me yet. I have lived in China since I was born and grown up healthily without any problem. So I think it will not be a problem for you either.
Apr 21, 2011 08:57
  • ANNASV
Are you affected by information you get through social media (blogs, forums and so on) when making a decision on whether to buy or not concerning certain products manufactured in China?
Apr 21, 2011 21:04
  • LINGYUXISU
Of course I've affected by the info. I have avoided and will avoid to buy the products with problems. For instance, last year, the milk produced by 'San Lu' company was reported to have big problem, then I never buy its milk since then, but try other brands like Mengniu and Yili.

You need to know when the products were exposed with problem, it's usually a certain brand, not all of them made in China.
Apr 25, 2011 09:15
  • ANNASV
I wonder which factors that force you to use social media before making your buying decision? (it could for example be price, product category or whatever else that force you to make research) And to what extent are you affected by social media i your buying decisions?
Apr 25, 2011 22:20
  • LINGYUXISU
I'm not forced to use social media, but it's impossible for me to avoid it. The info will come to me from all places, the internet, the TV and friends and peoploe around...

I don't purposely do research before buying, but will avoid certain products after knowing that there is problem with them.

I'm affected by the media, but not much. Seems you've worried too much. Just take it easy, that won't be a big problem during your China tour:D
Apr 27, 2011 11:46
  • ANNASV
Thanks for the tips. I think I am very concern because of all negative information (scandal, product unsafety, child labor and so on) i have read about through social media which may uncounsciously has affected me. Or what do you think? Do you think the picture we get about China can affect our decision making and way of giving feedback to other?
Apr 28, 2011 04:10
  • LINGYUXISU
I cannot say that it's 100% sure you are affected by the picture and some other things when making a decision or giving feedbacks. But there is a great chance we are both affected. You'll know China better after visiting it.
Post a Reply to: Products from China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code