Menu
Is it possible to teach English in Harbin without a degree?
Apr 25, 2011 23:22
  • MISSTINA
你们好!
Is it possible to teach English in Harbin without a University Degree? Are there schools who offer free/ paid TESOL training?
I have no experience and no university degree.
I hope someone can help me out.
Apr 28, 2011 00:48
GUEST29173 hi
there are some teslo or tefl training schools in beijing\shanghai and other cities, it will cost you 3000-5000CNY.
Maybe you can find a teaching job there,but that depengds on the schools' demands.
Apr 28, 2011 07:24
  • GAFFER
If English is your native language there is a possibility. However, a genuine teaching establishment will be registered to employ foreigners and can provide the Z visa you will need to work legally, and obtain a residents permit. Usually the requirements are a Batchelors degree, TEFL or equivalent and perhaps 2 years experience. Private schools or public schools in less desirable locations may have less stringent requirements, but beware of working on a tourist L visa or an F visa. This would be illegal. If you find a possible employer, try and get opinions of previous teachers from the various teacher forums. Some establishments are notorious for not providing what they promise.
Apr 30, 2011 04:09
  • MISSTINA
English is my native language, thank you for the advice and warnings GAFFER. Very helpful.

Can you study full time and legally work a few hours a week? Is there a visa that allows that?
May 7, 2011 12:10
GUEST86693 i can help you get university teach offer,if you need,pls send email to me:sohu.com|svia
Post a Reply to: Is it possible to teach English in Harbin without a degree?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code