Menu
Sign an organ donation form when applying your driver license?
Apr 26, 2011 03:05
  • RAINDROP
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 0 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
It is reported that Chinese people who apply driver licenses will face to sign an organ donation form to decide which organs they are going to donate should they die. It is not compulsory and the applicants can decide to donate or not.

The official statistics reveals that China is in need of transplant organs. Around 1.5 million patients need to have organ transplantation surgery every year but only 10000 of them can do the surgery due to the lack of donated organs.

If the policy was implemented, more patients would be saved. Well, I guess some drivers are not willing to sign such a form. To them, it sounds like a curse. In addition, most Chinese still believe that keeping a whole body should be kept after death.
Apr 26, 2011 05:50
  • DODGER
The only problem I have with this is having a Chinese doctor decide if I am dead or not.
Dodger.
Apr 26, 2011 22:03
  • JIMMYB
90 percent Chinese netizens said that they wouldn’t sign such a form. They think that it is not auspicious. They are afraid that they might cause traffic accidents after they sign this. They also have a question: “Will the doctor take the drivers’ organs and give up rescuing them because they sign the forms?”

Dodger, the drivers have the same doubt like you. They don’t believe the doctors.
Apr 27, 2011 04:27
  • DODGER
Thanks Jimmy. That what I heard too.
Dodger.
Apr 28, 2011 02:55
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

Thanks Jimmy. That what I heard too.
Dodger.

You are welcome, Dodger. We can't blame that they won't sign the form. Some traditions are deeply rooted in Chinese people's mind. It is hard to change them easily.

Frankly, I wouldn't sign the form if I was a driver. It is not auspicious.
May 6, 2011 11:10
  • CARLOS
I carry an organ donation form in my wallet. When I am dead I think I don´t mind what they do with my body.
Giving the form applying license makes me think what does it tell about traffic in China.

Carlos
Post a Reply to: Sign an organ donation form when applying your driver license?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code