Menu
marrying a chinese girl in uk on 2yr working visa.
May 3, 2011 15:52
guest00114 hi.ive recently met this lovly chinese girl who is working in the uk on a 2 yr working visa. before that she was a student here and has got a masters degree .she has been totally honest with me and says she is looking to marry a british citizen for which iam so she can stay in the uk and settle down and start a family ,she says she prefers life here more than china.i realy like this girl and its something i properly would consider as shes seems so nice and honest .
can anyone offer me any advice .
many thanks .
May 3, 2011 20:45
  • LARRYBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST00114

.She is looking to marry a british citizen for which i am so she can stay in the uk and settle down and start a family.

before i can offer any advice is she looking for a husband or is she looking for a husband so that she can stay in the UK? These are her words be careful.
May 4, 2011 04:15
GUEST19661
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYBOY

before i can offer any advice is she looking for a husband or is she looking for a husband so that she can stay in the UK? These are her words be careful.

shes is looking to stay in the uk as wants to start a family .seems genuine but i know what you mean .
May 4, 2011 04:29
  • DODGER
Guest, do you have money and a house?
If so, she will be entitled to at least half after she leaves you once she has her UK passport.
The dark voice inside me then thinks that she will send over for her long time boyfriend.

Women in general can be, in some situations more pragmatic than mere males.

Dodger.
May 4, 2011 06:18
  • SEVRONZ
I would lik to suggest u that dont belive on chines girls..
May 4, 2011 13:04
GUEST07123 she told me her intentions the first time i spoke to her online.i did not even have to ask ,.she said shes not interested in money or property.just wants a beter life in uk .i realy am not sure what to do .could i put a clause in so if she did try and divorece after she wont get nothing
thanks for replys.
May 5, 2011 05:28
  • DODGER
‘she told me her intentions the first time i spoke to her online.i did not even have to ask ,.she said shes not interested in money or property.just wants a beter life in uk‘

Guest, with respect, what else would she say; would she say that she would like to skin you alive. Hardly likely.
I have no idea about ‘pre nup’ contracts in the UK, and if they hold up or not. You would have to consult a solicitor.

But my problem with this type of ‘green card’ arrangement is that is does impact in a negative way on genuine relationships, and is the root cause of most of the red tape.
Further; outside some embassies in Beijing, marriage agents openly tout for foreigners who would like to temporarily marry a Chinese woman.

Dodger.
May 5, 2011 05:54
  • LARRYBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST07123

she told me her intentions the first time i spoke to her online.i did not even have to ask ,.she said shes not interested in money or property.just wants a beter life in uk .

Hello Guest all the answers you are seeking are in the words she is speaking,
Open your eyes and ears.
I am not targeting just Chinese girls but anyone male or female wanting to gain acccess into a country from making promises that cant be kept. HER MAIN GOAL has been repeated to you again!! ( just wants a better life in the UK) nothing wrong with trying to make a good life for oneself but trying to access that life by going in the backdoor (YOU) is not the way. No one person ever started a good life from the top except those who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and they were spoiled. But someone coming from the ground up wanting the top first in a new land has to realize that they must work like everyone else. My suggestion to you!!.........Spend time with her and see what her intentions are towards you. Online romances are a catastrophy. Spend a few years with her and see what her patience level will be,, Believe it or not she can attain citizenship on her own over time and process..If she really likes you then she will respect you. Use your head on your shoulders and not the other one, that will blindly get you into something you will regret.
Now on the other side of the ball this girl could be telling you the truth and is genuine,,BUT dont rush into something before researching it and spending time. Do not be an impulse buyer,, you will not be happy in the long run. Best Regards Larry
Last edited by LARRYBOY: May 5, 2011 05:55
May 8, 2011 09:43
  • QINQIN
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEVRONZ

I would lik to suggest u that dont belive on chines girls..

this is not a fair saying at all. even though you have the experience with chinese girls, it also can not be a general saying.Do you know how many chinese girls in the world ? and how many chinese girls have you been with ?! pls have a second think before speak.
May 8, 2011 09:47
  • QINQIN
Quote:

Originally Posted by LARRYBOY View Post

Hello Guest all the answers you are seeking are in the words she is speaking,
Open your eyes and ears.
I am not targeting just Chinese girls but anyone male or female wanting to gain acccess into a country from making promises that cant be kept. HER MAIN GOAL has been repeated to you again!! ( just wants a better life in the UK) n...

i completely agree what Larry said. Time can tell everything.
Aug 28, 2012 11:00
GUEST42180 How long have you known her? Has she ever given you any doubt about her motives? Has she gone out with other guys other than you? Do you live near one another? Think long and hard about it!
Post a Reply to: marrying a chinese girl in uk on 2yr working visa.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code