Menu
can i sponsor my filipino wife (im on business visa)
May 9, 2011 07:06
  • DYANISIS
hello

i have been issued a letter of invitation by company in china for 90 day visa with possible chance of extension, i am a tefl teacher and dont have a degree so i cant get z visa i have to apply for the business visa and then extend it as i go ...........but i have a year teaching contract.

my query is can my filipino wife join me on the visa.....or do i have to make a seperate application myself for her to join me.

right now i am in ireland and will be applying here, but my wife is in the philippines..........it will both be our first trip to china........

any and all answers will be greatfully received
May 9, 2011 20:33
  • ROGERINCA
Regardless of the visitor's country of origin and/or marital status, my understanding is that you can only enter the PRC either with a PRC Passport as a returning citizen, or with a PRC visa as a non-citizen; usually applied for at and issued by the PRC consulate or embassy, in the visitor's country of origin. Most airlines will not even issue a ticket or let you board without the valid visa, be it a tourist (L) visa or any other type.

Example: American citizen husband doing business in China, wife and teenage daughter travel with him for purposes of tourism; each would need a valid US Passport and each would have to apply for and have affixed in the respective passport, a valid PRC visa of the type which is most appropriate for the visit.

There is no 'derivative' status, for even a spouse, with respect to this type of visa to China. Each visa would be approved and issued on its own merits.
Post a Reply to: can i sponsor my filipino wife (im on business visa)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code