Menu
Is marriage the shortcut to success?
May 10, 2011 22:29
guestliuwei Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 0 vote(s)
  2. 4 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
“I am a 22 years old girl with a height of 1.66 meters. I am in my fourth-year study in colleague. I am seeking a man who is below 32 years old but taller than 170 cm. Most importantly, he must earn more than 8000 yuan per month and he should have an apartment and a car…” says a girl’s marriage ad.

In Shenzhen, there are many college students who have the same plan like the girl who posted her marriage ad above. With ordinary family background and no social connections, they can not find a good job after graduation. Thus, they change their plan---marrying a successful man instead of seeking a job. If they can find such a man, they will not worry about their future lives.

To them, marriage is the shortcut to success. Will they be successful?
May 10, 2011 22:50
  • LINGYUXISU
I don't know they will be successful or not.
But once they make it successful, marriage will mean everything to them. Be in a marriage, they have everything, be out of it, they have nothing. Also, won't they lose themselves in such a life?

I need my little career and want my life to be colorful. Marriage will be only a part of it.
May 10, 2011 23:09
GUEST4924 Do they ever think abou this question? What makes them so sure that the successful men will marry them?

A young girl who has no job require to marry a man with apartment, car and savings. She asks too much. What else can she provide to the man who marries her except she is young and pretty?
May 11, 2011 22:59
  • JIMMYB
Congratulations to those girls who have fulfilled their dreams of marrying such a guy above. They are really lucky. Those who haven't found such a man needn't feel disappointed. You have a chance to be successful by your own efforts. Those who are married with a rich guy can never have a chance to experience it.
May 17, 2011 14:18
  • MARK_81
Well for some people marriage is a shortcut to success and money. More commonly known as the infamous gold digger! Its pretty immoral though if you ask me- marry for love or don’t marry at all is the motto.

May 17, 2011 21:09
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

Well for some people marriage is a shortcut to success and money. More commonly known as the infamous gold digger! Its pretty immoral though if you ask me- marry for love or don’t marry at all is the motto.

What if you don't find the one you love and who loves you, but you are big enough and your parents really want you to get married.

I know many people just marry for a marriage.
May 18, 2011 18:27
  • LARRYBOY
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTLIUWEI View Post

“I am a 22 years old girl with a height of 1.66 meters. I am in my fourth-year study in colleague. I am seeking a man who is below 32 years old but taller than 170 cm. Most importantly, he must earn more than 8000 yuan per month and he should have an apartment and a car…” says a girl’s marriage ad.

In Shenzhen, there are many college stud...
Define success and to marry for money should not be the only reason for success,, the word success can be achieved in many different realms of marriage. Communication in marriage which is lost over time if not practiced is a huge success,, just to name one success! Larry
May 20, 2011 11:26
  • CARLOS
I understand success as something self made, whether it is a career or whatever.
There is no such thing as shortcut to success.
Bought or married "success" is just plastic...

Carlos
May 21, 2011 22:29
Read this post:
http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=63732

For her, it surely is.
May 25, 2011 14:02
  • MARK_81
Very good points on here! I still maintain being rich without self-made success is ultimately shallow and empty. I've had too work my buns off to get anywhere and it is worth it!
May 29, 2011 22:35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARK_81

Very good points on here! I still maintain being rich without self-made success is ultimately shallow and empty. I've had too work my buns off to get anywhere and it is worth it!

Well, not all people think in the same way like you. All they care is how to get money without hard work.
Post a Reply to: Is marriage the shortcut to success?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code