Menu
Do you believe FIFA is innocent?
May 12, 2011 02:20
  • JIMMYB
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 7 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
The British media reported that two members of FIFA executive committee were paid 1.5 millions US dollars to help Qatar win 2022 World Cup Bid. Who paid the money? Qatar. Who took the bribe? FIFA vice-president Issa Hayatou from Cameroon and Jacques Anouma from the Ivory Coast.

The following is another big news.

According to former FA and England 2018 bid chairman Lord Triesman, four other executive committee members were also "improper and unethical".They are FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, Paraguay's FIFA member Nicolas Leoz, Brazil's FIFA member Ricardo Terra Teixeira and Thailand's FIFA member Worawi Makudi. .All of them asked bribes from England.

Triesman said that he would undertake to provide his evidence to any FIFA inquiry.

What do you think of the allegations against FIFA? Do you think FIFA is innocent?

May 16, 2011 03:49
GUEST5268 It can be true. My understanding is England takes revenge on FIFA for failing to host the World Cup. If the won, they wouldn't say anything negative about the FIFA.
May 18, 2011 11:20
The finger was pointed at FIFA before the draw for the hosting of the World Cup was held, it's not the first time they have been accused of being corrupt.

Alan
May 18, 2011 22:59
  • ICEBERG
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST5268

It can be true. My understanding is England takes revenge on FIFA for failing to host the World Cup. If the won, they wouldn't say anything negative about the FIFA.

I am waiting for England to disclose the evidence. Some people inside the FIFA must be very afraid about what England will provide.
May 20, 2011 12:25
  • CARLOS
In another thread I said money is no object when there are people doing decisions.
Here I must take my words back.
The political game is dirty, not any guestion about that. It is easy to believe money has changed pockets here.
However, to believe is not to be right.

Carlos
May 21, 2011 22:10
GUEST1274
Quote:

Originally Posted by ICEBERG

I am waiting for England to disclose the evidence. Some people inside the FIFA must be very afraid about what England will provide.

You know why? Probably England didn't give enough money to those members of FIFA Executive Committee so they failed. Now they felt angry and then they decided to disclose inside information.

On the other said, the president of FIFA is preparing for reelection. A few days ago, he said that FIFA wouldn't change the result (Qatar will still host 2022 World Cup. Now, he has changed his decision. If the FIFA can get the evidence and prove that Qatar did bribe the officials, Qatar will lose the opportunity to host the 2022 World Cup.

Why did he change his mind so fast? Hamann, the president of Asian Football Association, is his rival candidate. Do not forget Qatar is Hamann's mother land. If Qatar was involved in the bribe scandal, Sepp Blatter will have a great chance to win.

The football games are not pure any more.
May 28, 2011 22:08
  • MARK_81
You got that right friend, it really isn't at all pure anymore and its a real shame too!
May 29, 2011 02:28
  • MARRYMAX
GUEST1274,

No doubt, the president of FIFA will be Blatter again. His rival Hamann has withdrawn from the election. The media reported that Blatter got the evidence that Hamann and his friends took bribes. If Hamann still insisted on competing the presidency, he would have publicized the evidence.

Congratulations to FIFA! Congratulations to Blatter. He has another chance to make use of FIFA to make money.
May 29, 2011 21:32
  • KEVIN0518
The Ethics Committee of FIFA has declared that Jack A. Warner(vice president of FIFA) andMohamed bin Hammam ( a member of FIFA Executive Committee as well as the president of Asia Football Association) will be suspended temporarily, meaning they will be forbidden to attend any football related activities in global level. However, Blatter (the president of FIFA) has been proved innocent. And he will the only candidate for the FIFA presidency.

Blatter has eliminated all enemies who oppose him. FIFA is not a football association but a political organization and Blatter is the only leader.
May 30, 2011 21:22
GUEST0194 Since Hamann is suspended, Zhang Jilong will be the acting president of the Asia Football Association. But Hamann didn't give up. He will lodge an appeal.

The fight is over. Blatter is the only winner. He has successfully gotten rid of those obstacles in his way. Congratulations to him!
May 31, 2011 01:20
  • DREAMLIFE
I am curious why FIFA is called "non-profit making organization"? Since 2002, FIFA has made a lot of money by holding the World Cup.

Before, Blatter promised to look into the Qatar scandal but he has changed his mind. At the conference, he said that there was no problem about Qatar. Strange!

My congratulations to Blatter! I really hope that he can seize the position until his day comes.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you believe FIFA is innocent?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code