Menu
Teach me how to make pizza
May 16, 2011 02:16
  • XIAOXIAO
I ate pizza in a restaurant last week. Frankly, I didn't like it very much. I searched some pizza recipes but they are not so good. You know, a pizza has pizza dough, pizza sauce and pizza toppings. But the recipes I found didn't tell me how to make pizza dough.

Anyone here can help me with pizza recipes?
May 19, 2011 04:53
  • STMON99
Pizza dough is very basic--it only contains flour (I like to use bread flour, but all purpose flour is fine), water, yeast, salt, and oil (some people leave out the salt and oil). Generally, 1/3 cup of water per 1 cup of flour. 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and then 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Those are the basic ingredients. You can't mess it up really. I usually make the dough in batches using 2 cups of flour. Put the flour, salt, oil in a bowl. In a separate bowl, put warm water, a pinch of sugar (not really necessary), half a teaspoon of yeast (from those instant yeast packets). Let that since until the yeast is "foamy", about 5 minutes. Mix the water and yeast into the bowl with flour. Knead the dough for about 15 minutes. Have extra flour and water on hand in case the dough is too dry or too wet. I personally like the dough to be a little "wet." You'll get a feel for this after you do this a while.

After kneading, I make two balls out of this. Coat the dough balls with some oil and cover the bowl. I then put the dough in the refrigerator for a cold rise for 2 days. I think it tastes better this way, and this is also why I use only half a teaspoon of yeast. If you don't want to do the cold rise, let it sit in your kitchen until it doubles in size, then punch it down, and then let it sit again for about 30 minutes and you can use it.
May 22, 2011 00:59
  • XIAOXIAO
Thanks for telling me, Stmon99. It is much more complicated than I thought but I will give it a try and let you know how I made it.
Post a Reply to: Teach me how to make pizza
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code