Menu
Never Drunk Drive in China
May 18, 2011 04:08
  • BAKUI
China Daily: From May 1st, 2011, an amended Criminal Law which imposes harsher punishments on drunk drivers has been adopted. The amended Criminal Law stipulates that all drunk driving incidents are considered criminal offenses, whereas the previous law imposed criminal penalties on drunk drivers only when they caused serious traffic accidents. Further, an amended Road Traffic Safety Law, which also took effect on May 1, stipulates that convicted drunk drivers will have their driving licenses revoked in next five years, instead of suspended, as in the previous law. Gao Xiaosong, a singer, music producer and director, was sentenced to six months in custody and a 4,000 yuan ($615) on Tuesday after being found guilty of drunk driving that caused an accident on May 8th.

So never drunk drive in China if you don't want to go to jail.
Gao in court

May 18, 2011 04:13
  • LINGYUXISU
If I remember right, racing on road will also be severely punished.
May 19, 2011 07:53
  • DODGER
I see drivers every day talking on their mobile phone, not wearing seat belt, changing lanes with no indication.
I was involved in an accident some months ago. A driver came through a ‘Stop sign’ without looking or stopping.
I could have killed him. I didn’t. I just ripped his van apart.
His first response was that he wanted money; from me.
I suggested that we call the cops. He did, and about an hour later one turned up.
I was accused of not having a (real) licence. So the cop checks mine, but not the idiots
Happily for me, the cop takes my side. (there’s always a first)
It’s not just drunk driver they should be after, but all those idiots that have now idea how to drive in an harmonious fashion.
That’s the real problem..

Dodger. .
May 19, 2011 20:16
  • LARRYBOY
and I thought it was here in the US that the bad guys had more rights,,, now in China too?
May 22, 2011 22:36
  • CHERRY07
Dodger,

I have seen too many drivers cut each other off when driving, especially the public bus drivers. The rear-end collisions happen frequently near the roundabout I pass everyday.

"I see drivers every day talking on their mobile phone, not wearing seat belt, changing lanes with no indication."

Unfortunately, the traffic drivers don't say anything when they see the drivers driving in this way.
Post a Reply to: Never Drunk Drive in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code