Menu
Beijing Railway Museum
May 18, 2011 05:53
  • CROSIS
Hi All

Does anyone know if the railway museum has reopened yet? I am in Beijing again next week and was keen to go along. I think it closed about two years ago so havent had a chance to see it yet.

Also looking for things to do that are a bit unusual and off the tourist trail. Have spent a lot of time in Beijing so now thinking about less common things to do. Any suggestions welcome.

Crosis
May 18, 2011 21:03
  • BL2022
The museum was opened for free yesterday, May 18th.
It was International Museum Day.
May 18, 2011 21:21
  • LINGYUXISU
Kung Fu Show at Red Theatre is amazing. Also, you could try 798 Art Zone too.

Are you in China right now? It's the 1st Tourism Day today (May 19th) and many scenic spots offer favorable policies.
Last edited by LINGYUXISU: May 18, 2011 21:23
May 18, 2011 21:42
  • CROSIS
I arrive on the 26th. Plans include sleeping on the wall, visiting the vegetable and fish markets. I am trying to find unusual places with lots of locals for my second book on China.
May 19, 2011 01:38
  • LINGYUXISU
Do they allow you to stay overnight on the Wall? You'd better further confirm it.
If you are interested in the vegetable and fish market, will you interested in the clothes wholesale market around the Beijing Zoo?

BTW, many retired locals do morning exercises in those parks, the Temple of Heaven is one of them.
May 19, 2011 06:25
  • CROSIS
Actually there are many travel companies that offer overnight visits. The China Culture Centre also offer such trips too.

Also I am an author/photographer looking for unique shots for my second book on China. I really want images that captures the history, culture, lifestyle and people of China, so no I cant think there is any value in cheap clothing markets.

Actually I have many photos of people exercising and performing at the temple of heaven. It is one of my favourite places.

This is my 9th trip to China in the past 30 months and my 5th trip to Beijing.
May 19, 2011 21:37
  • LINGYUXISU
Wow, you've been to Beijing four times? Then I think you know Beijing better than I do. I've only been there once and stayed for half a month.
May 22, 2011 01:49
  • CROSIS
Love Beijing, one of my favourite places ever. Would happily live there if I didnt have my businesses to run.

However everywhere I go in China everyone is so friendly, and there is so much to see I could spend years just travelling around.
Post a Reply to: Beijing Railway Museum
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code