Menu
Tibet travel
May 19, 2011 00:33
guest67131 Hello , my sisiter and I are plan to go to Tibet in early July. Neither of us have been there before, we are excited about this travel ,but we also have some concerns such as the weather there and the safety. What's more , we also want to know if there is anyone has the similiar iternary to ours ,then we can go together. We have consulted a travel aency in Chengdu and they give us a iternary for reference, the following is the iternary they give us:
Reception. Fly from Kuala Lumpur to Chengdu.

Accomodation: hotel.

We’ll pick you up at the airport. Dinner at the hotel.

Chengdu—Lhasa (flight)

Accomodation: hotel

If time permits and you are available, we’ll tour around Chengdu JInli ancient town, then fly to Lhasa.

Note
Jinli Acient Town is a very famous tourist destination, attracting tourists both in China and from around the world.

Lhasa

We’ll visit Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple.

Note
The Potala Palace is the highest palace in the world, with the altitude of 3767.19 meters. The 13-storyied palace stands 117.19 meters high, with about 1000 rooms.

Jokhang Temple is on the UNESCO’s World Heritage List, located in central Lhasa.

Lhasa

We’ll visit Sera Monastery and Drepung Monastery.

Note
Sera is one of the principal monastery of the Gelu sect of Tibetan Buddihism.

Drepung Monastery, meaning ‘monastery of collecting-rice’, is known as the most important monastery of Gelugpa in Tibetan Buddhism.

Namtso Lake

Sightsee around the holy lake, Namtso.

Note
Namtso Lake, 240km north of Lhasa, is the highest salt lake in the world.

Lhasa—Shigatse

Starting from Lhasa, we are heading for Shigatse in a 4wd car.

Shigatse—Lhasa

Starting from Shigatse, we go back to Lhasa still in a 4wd car.

Note
Shigatse is the second largest city in Tibet, and its name means “the fertile land”.

Lhasa—Chengdu fly from Lhasa to Chengdu
Is there any one interested in this travel ?
May 31, 2011 02:40
  • RIGOCAMPOS
Hi thanks For the information regarding Tibet travel
i was looking for that only here i got sufficient knowledge thanks for the share

Jun 2, 2011 01:23
Wishing you a great trip!
I travelled alone to Tibet in Aug 2010 and stayed around 22days there, and 18days in Yunnan.
All the things there impressed me a lot, and I am preparing to fly again in the coming year.
Normally, the rainy season starts from May and end in August, prepare something for this.
Concerning to the safety, you got your company, I think it will be ok, you can take care of each other. One thing more, be strong to stand the altitude sickness!!!
Jul 27, 2011 06:04
  • KELVINPL80
happy Journey..Tibet is no doubt one of the most excellent places to visit in Asia,offering fabulous monastery sights, high-altitude treks, and the most likeable peoples you will ever meet. Every visitor will have a unforgettable experience of the land, the people and the culture
Last edited by KELVINPL80: Jul 27, 2011 06:19
Aug 5, 2011 13:25
GUEST23173 hi,i just would like how was your trip girlds?and if you can give me some advice?thank,s
Post a Reply to: Tibet travel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code