Menu
differences in marriage between Canada and China
May 22, 2011 02:42
  • HAOZI302
I've search for the information,but most of them are about how to married a chinese citizen. In truth, I am a chinese college student. Our oral teacher who is from Canada had left us an assignment to fine out the differences in marriage between Canada and China. As you know, I am not familiar with Canadian marriage and how is the marriage going in Canada.
If there is any one who can help me, I would be really appreciated.
regard help...
Jun 3, 2011 19:09
GUEST24131 Hi,

I can tell you a little bit. I am a Canadian, currently married but about to divorce my Canadian wife after 1 year of separation and marry a Chinese girl!

Here in Canada, I lived with my girlfriend for about 1 year before proposing to her. We wanted to have a family together and we did. I proposed and she accepted. She did not really want an engagement ring so there was none. We arranged the wedding ceremony and reception ourselves. Were were married in the United Church of Canada which is very open, even though we were not part of the congregation at the time. Other churches would not marry us for that reason. It was a beautiful little church and filled to capacity with about 80 guests. In Canada, the ceremony, particularly if religious, is very poignant and touching. We had beautiful live classical music played as well. We exchanged wedding vows and wedding bands and were married. We later had a reception that we arranged ourselves in a large hall overlooking the ocean. We only had a dinner for immediate family (about 12) in a restaurant. The reception at night was for about 80 guests with a dessert cake and dancing. We chose the music and had a DJ. It was a lot of fun and we avoided a huge expense (no dinner for 80).

However, after 2 kids and many fights we are soon to be divorced. It is fate. I now know a person should marry out of love, not expecting love. Fall in love, then marry. We are divorcing amicably and really want our children to not feel hurt at all. Luckily for me now I have fallen deeply in love with a beautiful, kind, wise Chinese woman who appreciates my love. The book of my life is writing a new long-distance chapter. Now I am learning all about Chinese marriages. Perhaps you can tell me a few things ?
Post a Reply to: differences in marriage between Canada and China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code