Menu
Should divorce be forbidden in some countries?
May 31, 2011 02:11
guest3532 Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 8 vote(s)
  2. 16 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
In some countries, married couples are not allowed to divorce. I was surprised when I heard about it first. So I checked it on the internet and found that it was true. In Philippines and Malta (the worlds’ last two countries where divorce is forbidden), married couples are not allowed to divorce no matter what happened. But the situation might be changed in Malta. Most people voted yes in a referendum on legalizing divorce. The analysts predict that the congress might pass the law to make divorce legal in Malta. What will Philippines do? A debate on divorce will be launched from June 1 to discuss whether divorce should be allowed.

Earlier, divorce had been forbidden in Paraguay, Andorra, San Marino and Ireland. Finally, it was made legal.

Why is divorce forbidden? Do you think it is good to forbid divorce?
Jun 1, 2011 04:35
GUEST04154 You already have your answer. The last two countries that forbid divorce are changing their minds.
Jun 1, 2011 21:26
  • LINGYUXISU
Why do they forbid divorce? Do the reason or reasons still there?
Jun 2, 2011 13:22
GUEST62027 I am trying to find out when divorce was legalized in Paraguay. Anyone knows?
Jun 2, 2011 20:46
GUEST15742
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST62027

I am trying to find out when divorce was legalized in Paraguay. Anyone knows?

I read a material which said that it was legalized in 1980s. Didn't know it was true or not.
Jun 2, 2011 21:19
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST15742

I read a material which said that it was legalized in 1980s. Didn't know it was true or not.

I googled and it's said 1980's.
Jun 2, 2011 23:00
GUEST1888 I can not understand why divorce is forbidden in some countries. If there is no love in a relationship, why do they have to stay together?
Jun 5, 2011 15:22
  • GAFFER
Divorce is usually forbidden when the religion of the country is Roman Catholic. Divorce is not allowed in this religion, however in some cases annulment is permitted
Jun 19, 2011 03:54
GUEST9802
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

Divorce is usually forbidden when the religion of the country is Roman Catholic. Divorce is not allowed in this religion, however in some cases annulment is permitted

Thanks for your explanation, Gaffer.
Jun 20, 2011 10:22
GUESTKABOOM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST1888

I can not understand why divorce is forbidden in some countries. If there is no love in a relationship, why do they have to stay together?

that is why you should be sure that you pick the right one.it takes a LONG time to know if that person is for you.
Jan 14, 2012 00:23
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTKABOOM

that is why you should be sure that you pick the right one.it takes a LONG time to know if that person is for you.

Yes, love is blind. But marriage is very important. Think about twice before deciding to marry someone.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should divorce be forbidden in some countries?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code