Menu
Dare you eat Pig's Brain Noodle in Macau?
May 31, 2011 04:16
  • ICEBERG
Tianlu Li, a master of Budai Show (Glove Puppet Show), invited his American friends to his birthday banquet. When a waitor brought the pig's brain soup onto the table, Li's American friends jumped up and asked "What is it?". Apparently, they were freaked out.

In Macau, there is a small but very famous restaurant called Toung King. It has been open for more than 30 years. The specialty there is Pig's Brain Noodle. Many people in HK go to Macau to taste it. You can imagine how good it is.

Dare you eat it? Make sure that you won't jump up and ask "What's that?"

May 31, 2011 04:18
  • ICEBERG
Pickled pepper, red chili and onion are necessities.

Jun 1, 2011 04:43
GUEST9642 Honestly, I have no appetite after seeing it. Maybe it is delicious but it's not my type.
Jun 1, 2011 20:59
  • LINGYUXISU
I didn't see it in Macau. But I ate almond cake , egg tart and a kind of yogurt. They are OK.
Is the Pig's Brain Noodle made of flour or pig's brain?
Jun 1, 2011 21:10
  • ICEBERG
Quote:

Originally Posted by LINGYUXISU

I didn't see it in Macau. But I ate almond cake , egg tart and a kind of yogurt. They are OK.
Is the Pig's Brain Noodle made of flour or pig's brain?

It is not flour. It is said that the boss of the restaurant go to the market very early in the morning and buy the pig's brains. Then they wash them several times to make sure they are clean.
Jun 1, 2011 22:27
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by ICEBERG

It is not flour. It is said that the boss of the restaurant go to the market very early in the morning and buy the pig's brains. Then they wash them several times to make sure they are clean.

In this case, I won't eat it.
Jun 2, 2011 02:54
  • CHERRY07
To be frank, I ate pig's brain once when I had hot pot with my friends. I just put it in the boiling water for a second and then took it out and dipped in the sauce. It tasted very tender. I'd like to give it a try if I went to Macau someday.
Last edited by CHERRY07: Jun 2, 2011 02:55
Post a Reply to: Dare you eat Pig's Brain Noodle in Macau?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code