Menu
tell you something about The Great Wall
Jun 2, 2011 03:59
  • YANGYUE
Hello,my Dear friends!
I am a Beijing English tour guide,I want to tell you something about Great Wall during I am working.

Every time when I company with my tourists go to Great Wall ,on the way I always ask the tourists some questions about Great wall.And I found every one like to answer these question...

I always ask my questions like this:

Hello, everybody! Today we will visit the Badaling Great Wall.Now here I want to ask you one question.Do you Know how many Great Walls in our country? Guess Please! At that time,all the tourists began to tell me their answers:"one,two,three, five...." When some give me the right answer,I will say that 'you are clever'! And make this tourist so happy!

Jun 2, 2011 04:42
  • LINGYUXISU
Hi, I'm curious about the correct answer.
Jun 2, 2011 22:33
  • YANGYUE
[quote=YANGYUE,430475]Hello,my Dear friends!
I am a Beijing English tour guide,I want to tell you something about Great Wall during I am working.

Every time when I company with my tourists go to Great Wall ,on the way I always ask the tourists some questions about Great wall.And I found every one like to answer these question...

I always ask my questions like this:

Hello, everybody! Today we will visit the Badaling Great Wall.Now here I want to ask you one question.Do you Know how many Great Walls in our country? Guess Please! At that time,all the tourists began to tell me their answers:"one,two,three, five...." When some give me the right answer,I will say that 'you are clever'! And make this tourist so happy!...
Ok, let me tell you the correct answer! In fact, there are three Great walls in our country! I tell you three Great Walls,In fact my mean there were three climax of building the Great Wall.First of all, it was Qin Great Wall.The second climax of building the Great Wall in Chinese history Was the Han dynasty period. The last Climax building the Great wall in Chinese history was in the Ming Dynasty.

Well, another question! Do you know how many functions of the Great Wall?(The tourist will give me their answers...)
In fact there were four functions of the Great Wall. The first was its Military function.Since the nomadic tribes lived in the grassland,they were good at riding horses and shooting arrows in battle , but not good at assaulting fortified positions.The Great Wall effectively stopping their attacks.
The second was its Economic function.The Great Wall was like a barrier, which made the hinterland a peaceful environment,so people could live harmoniously and economy could develop.
The third funtion of the Great Wall is that:the Great wall was a link that accelerated the mixing of ethnic groups.
The wall also has the funtion that it protected the "silk-road".

Attention please!There is another question: Do you know how many periods of the Great Wall in Beijing?(The tourist will give me their answers...)
There are 5 periods of the Great Wall in Beijing area run 629 kilometers: there are named as Badaling,Mutianyu, Juyongguan, Jinshanling and Simatai. Badaling Great Wall is the most famous one;Mutianyu Great Wall is the most beautiful one; Simatai Great Wall is the most original one and also the farthest away from Beijing City....

Jun 2, 2011 22:45
  • YANGYUE
Yesterday because the time I didn't finish my article.If you interested in it ,you could have a look today.
Jun 3, 2011 00:54
  • LINGYUXISU
I think there is only one Great Wall in China, for it should be considered as a whole.
But there are many sections of it.
Post a Reply to: tell you something about The Great Wall
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code